calendar permissions for full time missionaries

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
68RProffit

calendar permissions for full time missionaries

Post by 68RProffit »

We have created a new stake calendar for coordinating missionary appointments with our full time missionaries, but can't seem to add them as users so that they can view and add events as well. What are we doing wrong?
eblood66

Re: calendar permissions for full time missionaries

Post by eblood66 »

68RProffit wrote:We have created a new stake calendar for coordinating missionary appointments with our full time missionaries, but can't seem to add them as users so that they can view and add events as well. What are we doing wrong?
Although missionaries can view calendars for units in their areas, I don't think they are considered full members of those units. In other words, they automatically have view access for public calendars but they aren't in the list of members that can be added as editors (or viewers of private calendars).

You might be able to give them edit access by giving them an out-of-unit calling (but it has to be a standard calling) and then making that calling an editor on the calendar. But you'd have to remove old out-of-unit records and create new ones as missionaries transfer out and in.
68RProffit

Post by 68RProffit »

This seems like something that could be streamlined as we have missionaries trying to use stake calendars to coordinate missionary work with ward missionaries (like myself) who are trying to schedule teaching apt's for them.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

68RProffit wrote:This seems like something that could be streamlined as we have missionaries trying to use stake calendars to coordinate missionary work with ward missionaries (like myself) who are trying to schedule teaching apt's for them.
You can submit feedback to make that suggestion by using the Feedback link on the main lds.org page (or any other page where it shows up). You may also want to suggest it to the mission president. Based on my understanding, most changes to the online tools have to be sponsored by a church department. This kind of change would likely be sponsored by the missionary department and the mission president would likely have greater influence on their decisions.

Return to “Calendar”