Unable to change language in Missionary app

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
adoga

Unable to change language in Missionary app

Post by adoga »

This is been posted before https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=112&t=17013 answered...

We have a perspective sister missionary trying to fill out her missionary paperwork online but is unable to because it's in Spanish. There is no drop-down menu in the upper right-hand corner for her to change the language, as that is for us on the leadership side.

All other LDS.org website are in English for her it's just the missionary application that is Spanish.

We don't want to discourage her from filling out her paperwork so someone could help me understand how to fix this it would be much appreciated!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Unable to change language in Missionary app

Post by sbradshaw »

I don't know if the Missionary Recommendation System is as simple as other church web sites, but if it is, she might be able to put "?lang=eng" at the end of the URL, or if it already says "?lang=spa" change it to "?lang=eng".
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
adoga

Post by adoga »

We tried that too. it didn't work. The URL doesn't have a language section..
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Because there is no language selection for the applicant, I would suggest she try clearing all of the cache, making sure LDS.org comes up in English, and then trying again. If that does not work, I would try using another computer.

If neither of those work, I would suggest that the stake clerk call the Missionary Department on her behalf for suggestions.

If you wandered over to the other topic linked in an earlier post, you will see that a solution for this problem has not been found.
adoga

Post by adoga »

We tried three computers/browsers. I'll try the missionary dept or clerk support next... It's an odd problem for sure. Thank You

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”