Account Help

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
analyst123

Account Help

Post by analyst123 »

I have a major account problem and have sent 3 requests for help on the website no contact at all. My mrn is assigned to an account with bad birthday. The other account has my correct birthday and a ton of family history work. They entered my birthday wrong after I was baptized. It's a total fiasco and no help email or anything. HELP ME!!!!!!!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Account Help

Post by russellhltn »

You need to discuss this with your membership clerk. First off, you need to confirm your MRN is really yours. I've heard of cases where someone gets confused and mixes them up - such as when a Bishop is filling out temple recommends and switches the MRNs between husband and wife.

If your membership record has the wrong birth date, the clerk can fix that. He should also check to make sure there isn't a duplicate record for you. That would explain two MRNs.

Bottom line, you need to start with the clerk and establish which MRN is yours and get your birth date corrected.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

analyst123 wrote:I have a major account problem and have sent 3 requests for help on the website no contact at all. My mrn is assigned to an account with bad birthday. The other account has my correct birthday and a ton of family history work. They entered my birthday wrong after I was baptized. It's a total fiasco and no help email or anything. HELP ME!!!!!!!
The first thing you need to do is get you birthday corrected on your membership record. You need to talk to your ward or branch clerk to do that. No one at Salt Lake can help you with that.

Once that has been corrected you need to see if you can get your mrn connected to your preferred account. I'm not exactly sure what the options there are. How have you been requesting help? The best place to request help with lds accounts is at https://ldsaccount.lds.org/contact.
analyst123

Post by analyst123 »

Thanks for the help. Already took all of those steps. Very disappointed with the link. I sent 3 using that link and no one ever sent me an e-mail called or anything. I finally texted in to family services and through them in 20 minutes the problem was solved. I had already had the clerk fix my bday double checked mrn. All this 3 weeks ago. Family search told me my bday was correct on both accounts and all I had to do was sign in to the one that had my mrn go to family tree search for my father add couple and all my deceased relatives magically appeared under the "mrn" account. Now all I have to do is put living relatives in manually and all will be as it should be. One phone call or email from LDS contact would have helped me. Family search chat the greatest. Lds whoever gets a big fat zero.
mevans

Post by mevans »

I'm sorry to hear about your problems. I thought they staffed the lds account help better than you experienced. The lds.org support is all volunteers; maybe lds account support is also the same thing?

I do know that they recently had some problems with getting emails from the Feedback link. Some of them weren't coming through and then suddenly they got a ton of emails once the problem was fixed. If lds account support uses the same mechanism, you may have been caught up with the same problem.

Return to “Main Church Website”