Note journals like in the online form

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

becky.woods

Note journals like in the online form

Post by becky.woods »

Online I have many journals where notes are kept by topic and are automatically dated. However, in the app, I have not been able to separate notes from each other and the notes do not date themselves. I would really enjoy a journals or notebooks portion of the app, where I could go and write specific ideas about a topic of my creation and could also show all the highlights at once.

Something I would absolutely adore to have on both the online and the application is a way to show only one of those notebooks at a time. So for instance, right now I am studying marriage and family and I would love to have blank scriptures to mark up with all of my new notes on just marriage and family. I would also like to have the option of showing all the notes at the same time, or say two or more note sets at the same time without the others. That way a user could see all the notes they have on say the topics, faith, knowledge, and accountability at the same time without being overwhelmed by all the other notes.
Also, it would be great to have all of those notes and locations of notes shown in a journal type format all at once. That way a user could easily see "oh look I learned this from that verse, I wonder what else I can learn from that chapter" and then click on their listed note and the verse or verses where the note was made would automatically come up.

Thanks for the note taking ability, it is awesome to finally write the notes straight to my computer which then upload when I have the internet.
ToManyLetters

Re: Note journals like in the online form

Post by ToManyLetters »

becky.woods,

Notebook features are indeed something that is a very high priority and already planned for Gospel Library on Windows. We've done a lot of the backend work to make the feature possible, but we've still got a lot of work to make its interface user-accessible.

Interestingly, your suggestion to show only one Notebook (or however many selected notebooks) at a time is something we discussed in our meeting this last week. We can't make any promises, but this is a feature we are considering for Gospel Library for Windows.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”