Error Downloading

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
earlbushman

Error Downloading

Post by earlbushman »

After updating to version 2.4.0, then trying to login for the first time, it attempts to download the data. I get the following message:
Error Downloading
Some information could not be downloaded, please try again later.
I have tried many times over the course of a couple of days with no success. (BTW I have a leadership calling and therefore have access to more data).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Error Downloading

Post by russellhltn »

What OS?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
earlbushman

Post by earlbushman »

iOS 7.1.2 BTW, I have deleted the app and re-installed, that did not help. Another piece of information that may or may not be helpful. I am the Bishop of a YSA ward, so my records are in my home ward and shadowed in the YSA ward.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I believe there was a short-term outage of the web service this morning. Does it work now?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
earlbushman

Post by earlbushman »

It still does not work. I have made many attempts starting Sunday evening and through out today. Is there a way I can just go back to the previous version?
kdchaston

Post by kdchaston »

Having the same problem since Sunday and it is now Tuesday at 3:22 pm
abwarby

Post by abwarby »

I have had that same problem since Saturday, 28 Mar. It is on all my apple tablets/iPhone.
smlodoch

Post by smlodoch »

I am running iOS 8.2. I have lds tools version 2.4.0. Because I could not access the directory, I have tried uninstalling, turn off IPAD, restart and reinstalling lds tools app. I now get a screen that is my lds account sign in. I type in name and password, I get a downloading screen, then a screen that says - Error Downloading - Some information could not be downloaded, please try again later. Ditto for my iPhone 5. Both were working well the last time I used the app a few weeks ago.
mprusse

Post by mprusse »

Is this still down? I keep getting a message when trying to sync that LDS.org is down for maintenance.
smlodoch

Post by smlodoch »

Mine is fixed. I clicked on the help button in LDS tools before trying to sign in. I was directed to lds tools support, they emailed me in a short time and directed me to the website (lds tech) where after joining a group, I was able to download a beta version of the update coming in about 2 weeks in the App Store. I am usually very wary about beta versions, but since the other version was non-functioning, I took a chance. It works.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”