Multi-column scripture study

Do you have a useful link that involves the Church and the technology discussed on this site? Post your links and resources here.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Multi-column scripture study

Post by sbradshaw »

This is somewhat of a self-promotion, but I feel it's relevant to the discussion here at LDSTech.

I put together a site that lets you study the scriptures in multiple languages or columns:
http://www.scripturetools.net/multi

I have seen this request come up many times for Gospel Library. There are other third-party apps and tools that do this, but I'm interested in getting feedback and hearing if the format works for you!

You can choose anywhere from 2 to 4 columns (actually, you can do more than four if you know how change URL parameters manually). The content is pulled directly from LDS.org, using iframes. This allows you to use the LDS.org features for highlighting, taking notes, etc. The site doesn't currently work on mobile (touch-screen only) devices, because of issues with iframes.

Unfortunately, I don't know much about app programming, so I am limited in my ability to get it onto mobile devices.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Multi-column scripture study

Post by sbradshaw »

A new iteration of the multi-column scripture study tool at ScriptureTools.net is available for testing:
http://scripturetools.net/study/scriptu ... &v=details

I was able to get the column scrolling to work on iOS, though there are still a few limitations.
zulu672

Post by zulu672 »

You need to work out a few bugs on the Scripture Tools site. It continuously refreshes, preventing me from leaving the main side by side page.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

zulu672 wrote:You need to work out a few bugs on the Scripture Tools site. It continuously refreshes, preventing me from leaving the main side by side page.
What browser are you using?

Return to “Links & Resources”