Calendar adding events and updating

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
lesleberry

Calendar adding events and updating

Post by lesleberry »

I am having two issues with the calendar which has driven me to using a paper version instead of the onnline calendar.

First issue:
No matter what time I enter for an event it shows on the calendar as either 11pm the day before or 12am on the day. This obviously has something to do with daylight saving.My calendar is set for the correct time zone.

Second issue
If I attempt to edit an event I get the message "We were unable to process your request due to invalid data. Please check all fields and try again".

I have cleared the cache. I am experienced user of the calendar but just do not know what to try next

Grateful for any help
Lesle Australia
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Calendar adding events and updating

Post by russellhltn »

lesleberry wrote:No matter what time I enter for an event it shows on the calendar as either 11pm the day before or 12am on the day. This obviously has something to do with daylight saving.My calendar is set for the correct time zone.
You're only the second person to report that. It's still an open bug. I don't know of any pattern as to who is affected. See Calendar scheduling event for 11pm day before intended date.

What time zone are you in? I'm not sure about your signature.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lesleberry

Post by lesleberry »

I had read those posts, actually helped me feel a little more normal because I was not the only one. :)
Just for the record I have tried this on different networks on my computer and on my iPad. All have the same problem.

It has been happening for some weeks which is why I am now using a paper calendar.

Lesle
lesleberry

Post by lesleberry »

Sorry I am in Melbourne Australia
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lesleberry wrote:Just for the record I have tried this on different networks on my computer and on my iPad. All have the same problem.
So it seems to be following your login. Have you been able to see what other calendar editors in your ward experience? To see if it follows your ward.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lesleberry

Post by lesleberry »

I am the only calendar editor in our stake, the wards do not use them for some reason.

I have a private calendar that we use for building bookings. For that calendar the only people who see it are me and the stake exec sec. He can't use the calendar so I can't check with him. I suppose I could add my husband to that calendar and see what happens when he uses it. I will try that and let you know happens.

Lesle
lesleberry

Post by lesleberry »

Okay I added my husband with rights to that calendar and he is on the same network but another computer. New event defaults to 12am.

We are going to friend's house for dinner so will try the same with them

At house both computers run win 8.1 and we both use Firefox. I have tried IE and have the same problem.

However, in playing around I have discovered one really wierd feature. If I add an event with a facility booking it works fine.

If I add an event with no facility booking it defaukts to 12am or 11pm the day before.

The same result in both IE and Firefox
lesleberry

Post by lesleberry »

Same results from another computer, another usser and network.
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CrockettDR »

We believe we found the problem and fix for this. The bug was introduced about two weeks ago and involves timezones. The fix will be provided in about two weeks once our general conference limited change period allows us to change systems. I beleive that after you create the event that you can edit it and fix the time.
lesleberry

Post by lesleberry »

Thank you so much. Will look forward to it

Lesle

Return to “Calendar”