Cannot edit directory information on LDS.org

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
cwking

Cannot edit directory information on LDS.org

Post by cwking »

I am a Stake Clerk and have been able to edit LDS.org directory information for members throughout the Stake. This generally consists of removing email addresses from the directory or setting the visibility to Private-Leadership Only in response to All Member email blasts.

I have a situation today where the directory will not save any changes I make to a particular record. I've tried three different browsers and get the same result each time. On the member information page I click Edit, make the change, click Save, watch the processing wheel go around, and then the information appears again without any changes.

This particular change is in regard to an email opt-out request, so I'd like to process it soon if possible. Any suggestions?

Thanks

--Chad
cwking

Re: Cannot edit directory information on LDS.org

Post by cwking »

BTW, I just noticed there is a move restriction on this particular record. Could that be preventing me from making changes to the member's email address?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

The move restriction would have been initiated by the current bishop. It may be blocking any change to the record.

You might wish to speak with the ward clerk and ask him to make the change directly on the membership record, through MLS, or to call Local Unit Support for assistance, if he is not able to update the record.
cwking

Post by cwking »

Thank you. I have asked the ward clerk to make the change on the membership record. I'll let you know if that works.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

cwking wrote:BTW, I just noticed there is a move restriction on this particular record. Could that be preventing me from making changes to the member's email address?
If that's the only one you can't edit, then it seems like a good explanation.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”