How many "hits" or "views" to the Newsletter

Discussions about the Newsletter Tool at LDS.org.
scubadox

How many "hits" or "views" to the Newsletter

Post by scubadox »

Is there a way to determine how many people have viewed the newsletter page over a period of time? In other words, is there a way to view statistics for page views for this section? As a related question, does someone know if there is a method to determine how many ward members have actually signed up on lds.org? It would be useful to know.

Thanks!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: How many "hits" or "views" to the Newsletter

Post by russellhltn »

The only way I can think of is if you promise a fun pack of M&Ms in the newsletter and then see how many ask for them.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scubadox

Post by scubadox »

I actually came up with an idea that gives me a rough idea. I registered a domain name (sunsetspotlight.com), which is the name of our printed newsletter. Then I forwarded it to a bit.ly URL shortener. bit.ly let's you count clicks. Then the bit.ly link forwards to our lds.org newsletter site. The user is required to log into lds.org but is then taken directly to the newsletter. bit.ly lets me check daily to see how many people are going thru that link, giving me a rough idea of usage.
gungy

Post by gungy »

Does this work. I would be interested in trying it. Could you explain it in basic terms for a none tech person? :confused:

Return to “Newsletter”