Can't create any events

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
gaylynnmartinson

Can't create any events

Post by gaylynnmartinson »

I have not been able to create events on the Calendar. I am a Pack Committee Chairperson and really need to be able to do this. I am a member in good standing etc... if that makes any difference. :) Help. Clicking on the date does nothing. There is no "+" to click on either.

Thanks.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Can't create any events

Post by sbradshaw »

Hi! You need to be added as a calendar editor by your ward clerk or another calendar administrator. Most ward members aren't able to edit the ward calendar by default.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
gaylynnmartinson

Post by gaylynnmartinson »

Thank you! So, those of us that can't edit the ward calendar, are we supposed to do it through the building scheduler?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

gaylynnmartinson wrote:Thank you! So, those of us that can't edit the ward calendar, are we supposed to do it through the building scheduler?
It's up to how the bishopric wants to handle that type of request. Family events (weddings, family reunions, etc) would most certainly have to work though someone to schedule them. But for church events, the bishop might want to have a calendar set up for your organization to use.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

gaylynnmartinson wrote:Thank you! So, those of us that can't edit the ward calendar, are we supposed to do it through the building scheduler?
That depends on how your ward and stake calendars are setup up and what your policies are for scheduling buildings. If your ward and stake are using the recommended setup then a member of your primary presidency should be able to enter an event calendar on your ward's Primary calendar (which can also schedule the building at the same time). But if your ward and stake haven't embraced the recommended setup then you may need to contact a bishopric member, clerk or the building scheduler.

So I'd start by checking with the Primary presidency. If they don't know then talk with a member of the bishopric or the ward clerk. One of them should know.
denspen

Post by denspen »

I am the Relief Society president of the ward and not able to access creating events for our ward calendar. I was able to a few months ago but now the + is missing. I have contacted my ward clerk and the stake and neither know what to do. Would taking me out of the system and then putting me back in solve the problem?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

denspen wrote:I am the Relief Society president of the ward and not able to access creating events for our ward calendar. I was able to a few months ago but now the + is missing. I have contacted my ward clerk and the stake and neither know what to do. Would taking me out of the system and then putting me back in solve the problem?
Your ward clerk needs to double-check your calling in the CDOL and check the permissions of the calendar in question.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
cfitch

Post by cfitch »

My wife is the RS Pres. She has the same problem that denspen has---can see the calendar but no + on the calendar or can't create an event by clicking on the date. The clerk checked and she is in as RS Pres. When she gets in lds.org she can see ages and birthdays in the directory so I think that she is logging in correctly. What is the next thing to check?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

cfitch wrote:My wife is the RS Pres. She has the same problem that denspen has---can see the calendar but no + on the calendar or can't create an event by clicking on the date. The clerk checked and she is in as RS Pres. When she gets in lds.org she can see ages and birthdays in the directory so I think that she is logging in correctly. What is the next thing to check?
Have the clerk check who has edit rights on the calendar in question. The ONLY automatic rights is for the Bishopric to be admins. All others are set up by the local unit. Ideally, the rights should be set up "by calling" and not "by name" so future changes will be automatic.

sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

cfitch wrote:My wife is the RS Pres. She has the same problem that denspen has---can see the calendar but no + on the calendar or can't create an event by clicking on the date.
Relief Society presidents are not administrators of the LDS.org Calendar, by default. If your bishopric would like to add her as a calendar administrator, a bishopric member or clerk can go to the calendar settings and add her by calling.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Calendar”