28 Year Old Child of Record?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
cdw3423lds

28 Year Old Child of Record?

Post by cdw3423lds »

I just found a 28 year old woman in lds tools who has no ordinance information. On the website there is no baptism date. It does show her mother as a member in a ward in another state. I didn't think child of records stayed on the ward records after a certain age. Any ideas is this normal or an error in the database?

Chris W
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: 28 Year Old Child of Record?

Post by aebrown »

cdw3423 wrote:I just found a 28 year old woman in lds tools who has no ordinance information. On the website there is no baptism date. It does show her mother as a member in a ward in another state. I didn't think child of records stayed on the ward records after a certain age. Any ideas is this normal or an error in the database?
It's not an error in the database, because the status of such records does not change automatically when the person turns 18. But the bishop does have a responsibility to take action. See this post.

Return to “Membership Help”