Calendar scheduling event for 11pm day before intended date

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
davidrichey

Calendar scheduling event for 11pm day before intended date

Post by davidrichey »

In both Chrome and Firefox, when I enter a new event on the calendar, it saves the event on the calendar as 11pm on the day before the intended event. It does not matter what time I choose, after I save the event, it appears as 11pm day before. As the stake executive secretary, I have several occasions per week to input events, interviews, building restrictions on the calendar. This phenomenon has only started in the last couple of weeks and I have done nothing different with the settings or programs on my computer in that period of time.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Calendar scheduling event for 11pm day before intended d

Post by jdlessley »

That time frame coincides with the change to daylight savings time on March 8th.

I don't have any solutions. However, if your computer is not set up to adjust for daylight savings time then I would expect some issues with event times. If they are repeating events then that could be the problem. But if not, then having all event times revert to 1 hour before midnight the day before is hard to explain.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
davidrichey

Post by davidrichey »

Thanks JDLessley. However, it is not a repeating event plus my computer is set to adjust for daylight savings time. I am absolutely baffled. I thought about clearing out my cache as a last ditch effort, but the same quirk happens on another computer.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Have you tried different calendars and different types (Facility, No Facility, Other location)?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davidrichey

Post by davidrichey »

4Unread postby russellhltn » 20 Mar 2015 12:38
Have you tried different calendars and different types (Facility, No Facility, Other location)?

I have tried different calendars & different types and even different times of day to reserve the event and, after it has been saved, shows up on the calendar as 11pm on the day before the intended date.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

That's really odd. Just a quick check, there was a bug where events showed up on a Wednesday at a wrong time in week view, but where in fact scheduled properly. Is the event itself showing wrong time/date or just show up in the graphic in the wrong place?

That bug should be fixed, but you might clear the cache as well as trying ctrl-F5 to refresh to make sure you have the current files.

Also, what time zone are you in? The bug might be specific to your part of the world.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Also, can you try a different computer and a different network? It seems unlikely, but something odd but unique is going on.

davidrichey

Post by davidrichey »

I have used different computer and different network. Same results. I am in Nashville, Tennessee which is CDT. Also, after I save the event, it shows up on the calendar as 11pm day before the intended event. When I open the event, it shows exactly as it showed up on the calendar. I can change the time and date and save/submit and it shows up on the calendar with the correct date/time. The issue was showing up on days other than Wednesday. I will try clearing out the cache. Thanks for the help.
davidrichey

Post by davidrichey »

Cleared out the cache. Still same problem.
davidrichey

Post by davidrichey »

One other piece of information that I did not realize until yesterday. If I do a repeating event, the error does not occur. If it is a single event, it does occur. Whatever that means. I am just living with it for now.

Return to “Calendar”