Calendar just has spinning wheel!

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
cabrooksby

Calendar just has spinning wheel!

Post by cabrooksby »

In the last few days all I am getting when trying to view the calendars is a spinning wheel in the calendar region (with no displayed calendar). This is happening in both Google Chrome and IE browsers. All the other menus can be seen and adjusted (like checking/unchecking calendars, etc.) but the calendar window just has the spinning wheel.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Calendar just has spinning wheel!

Post by russellhltn »

Have you tried another computer? Have you checked with other members of your ward?

If the system were down, we'd be flooded with messages, but we're not. So I'm inclined to think it's something with your computer/network/calendar data triggering the problem.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
1968leocomeeatabite

Post by 1968leocomeeatabite »

russellhltn wrote:Have you tried another computer? Have you checked with other members of your ward?

If the system were down, we'd be flooded with messages, but we're not. So I'm inclined to think it's something with your computer/network/calendar data triggering the problem.
I can personally relate to what russellhltn is suggesting. I have learned to remember to shut down my PC most nights when I am done. Something about getting the current----? --- data from a websIte --- to my router-- (OK YOU GUYS ARE LAUGHING) :o anyway I recommend regularly shuting down and staring a PC, it seems to help.

I also have learned to use the Calendar at low use times ( my favorite time is early A.M.) I am much more successful and I make fewer mistakes. Sorry I could be more specific or techy in my post.
cabrooksby

Post by cabrooksby »

I have tried it on another computer and it worked OK. I also shut down my computer every day. :) I still get this issue with IE and Chrome on this computer. I downloaded FireFox on this computer and it worked. So something seems to be affecting the two browsers that were already loaded on the computer. Anybody know what it could be?
almafudd

Post by almafudd »

I have this problem only on my iPad, I would like to find a solution, as a building scheduler it would be nice to add things from my iPad when at church
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

cabrooksby wrote:I have tried it on another computer and it worked OK. I also shut down my computer every day. :) I still get this issue with IE and Chrome on this computer. I downloaded FireFox on this computer and it worked. So something seems to be affecting the two browsers that were already loaded on the computer. Anybody know what it could be?
There may be some cached files for the calendar page that are causing the problem. Try clearing your browser cache or use Ctrl+F5. Ctrl+F5 refreshes the cache for the page but does so by downloading and replacing these cached files from the server rather than refreshing from the files on your computer.

Another thing to look at are browser add-ons and extensions. Have you added any recently? Check them to make sure none have been added without your knowledge or action.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Calendar”