Scout Committee Chair and Committe Callings

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
heyring

Scout Committee Chair and Committe Callings

Post by heyring »

Up until about 3 months ago, our Scout Committee was all listed in MLS and appeared under the YM in a section called "Scouting". We had myself (the committee chair) and about 6 other committee members.

Now that whole section is gone and I don't even have that calling listed under my name at all.

Our Ward Clerk said something came down from Salt Lake that caused this to happen.

Was the previous structure removed because they were not standard callings or for some other reason?

I would like to get my committee all grouped together again in MLS. How should I go about doing that?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Scout Committee Chair and Committe Callings

Post by russellhltn »

Things are in flux right now as IT is moving calling functions to the web. I'd wait.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bballrob

Post by bballrob »

russellhltn wrote:Things are in flux right now as IT is moving calling functions to the web. I'd wait.
Any chance they are moving the Home and Visiting Teaching to the web at the same time?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

bballrob wrote:Any chance they are moving the Home and Visiting Teaching to the web at the same time?
It does look like existing HT/VT functions will move to the web at the same time. Exact time is unknown, but it's expected this quarter, but it's already been delayed two quarters.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

russellhltn wrote:
bballrob wrote:Any chance they are moving the Home and Visiting Teaching to the web at the same time?
It does look like existing HT/VT functions will move to the web at the same time. Exact time is unknown, but it's expected this quarter, but it's already been delayed two quarters.
Correction -- it's expected next quarter (2nd quarter), not this quarter.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

aebrown wrote:Correction -- it's expected next quarter (2nd quarter), not this quarter.
Oops. I'm getting ahead of myself.

jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

heyring wrote:Was the previous structure removed because they were not standard callings or for some other reason?

I would like to get my committee all grouped together again in MLS. How should I go about doing that?
They are under Young Men Leaders in MLS. In LCR you will see them under Young Men | Boy Scouts

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”