Baby blessing form / certificate.

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
forresthickman

Baby blessing form / certificate.

Post by forresthickman »

A baby was blessed by her grand father (who lives out of our Stake). No paperwork was filled out before hand, just a note with some info jotted down was given to me. I was only given the grand fathers full name and Priesthood. When I went to enter the info & to print a certificate, the form on the computer wanted to know either his record number, or his birthdate (which I didn’t have).

I was thinking if someone had filled out the proper form, I wouldn’t have this problem, but to my surprise, when I looked up the form for baby blessings, the form doesn’t even have a place for the persons birthdate or record number.

Am I missing something? Or is this a mistake on the form?

Without the birthdate or record number of the “out of the Ward” person performing the blessing, it won’t allow you to go any further on the computer to print out the certificate.
eblood66

Re: Baby blessing form / certificate.

Post by eblood66 »

forresthickman wrote:A baby was blessed by her grand father (who lives out of our Stake). No paperwork was filled out before hand, just a note with some info jotted down was given to me. I was only given the grand fathers full name and Priesthood.
If you don't have the form you also don't have written permission from a parent to create the record. So make sure that permission has been obtained correctly as indicated in the handbook (particularly if one parent isn't a member).
forresthickman wrote:When I went to enter the info & to print a certificate, the form on the computer wanted to know either his record number, or his birthdate (which I didn’t have).
forresthickman wrote:Without the birthdate or record number of the “out of the Ward” person performing the blessing, it won’t allow you to go any further on the computer to print out the certificate.
That's not my experience and that's not what the test MLS installation does. If you enter the blessing date, the surname of the person performing the blessing and the priesthood of the person performing the blessing then it will enable the save button and let you save the ordinance and print the certificate. The birthdate and membership number of the person performing the ordinance are not required fields (they don't have the colored background of a required field).

What exactly is preventing you from continuing? Is there an error message or is the save button not enabled?
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I used Chrome to create a new record for a baby, and then viewed the blessing certificate. I can print the certificate, but I cannot save it to a Windows 10 folder. Each time I try to download and save the certificate, I get "Failed - Network error". Is there a reason why I should not be permitted to save an ordinance certificate to disk?
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

drepouille wrote:I used Chrome to create a new record for a baby, and then viewed the blessing certificate. I can print the certificate, but I cannot save it to a Windows 10 folder. Each time I try to download and save the certificate, I get "Failed - Network error". Is there a reason why I should not be permitted to save an ordinance certificate to disk?
I have better luck using the "print to pdf" option that is normally available in Windows 10 installations. When you are ready to save the certificate, print it instead but select "print to pdf" as the printer. Sometimes it remembers the last setting so be aware the next time you go to print something.

I have seen lots of odd behavior with saving reports and certificates from LDS.org - don't know exactly why.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

The certificate can be saved but it is done through the print function using a PDF print driver. If you don't have a preferred PDF print driver installed you can use the Windows 10 built-in Windows Print to PDF driver.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Yup. That is what I finally had to do -- Save as PDF.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “Membership Help”