Please Help! Trouble Signing into LDS.ORG/MSS

Discussions about other Church websites
austinjameshodges

Please Help! Trouble Signing into LDS.ORG/MSS

Post by austinjameshodges »

Hi all!
I'm a young missionary candidate who's been working on my papers in the online recommendation service lds.org/mss. I've recently had a bishop change and ever since then I haven't been able to log into the MSS tool. I can log into lds.org just fine and access calendars, directory, etc and can even access the missionary portal (missionary.lds.org) but whenever I go to lds.org/mss it brings up the log in page where I type in my username and password, (correctly I might add) and it gives me the error message "You have provided an incorrect user name or password."
I thought it just might be an error in the registry of lds.org because I had changed my password days prior and lds.org/mss so I went through the password recovery tool and changed my password. When that didn't work I went into my lds.org account information and tried changing my username and password once again. Still didn't work.
I called up the Stake Clerk responsible for Missionary Recommendation and asked if there were any problems on his end. He logged into his MSS tool with his account and said he could see the status of my recommendation and said there were no errors he could see. All it told him was that I still needed to do the last two steps mentioned below. (My Bishop has the same ability, to log on and see the status of my application.)
When they couldn't help I turned to the online forms and found that some users had the same problems but at the Ward and Stake levels where leaders couldn't get into their MSS tools but could log in fine anywhere else. This had to do with the status of the calling of the Bishop in CDOL which points lds.org account access to where a user is aloud to go. I'm not sure if that's how it works for members also and if maybe this got changed for my account during the switch of bishops which prevents access to the mss system for me.
I called my stake president to see if he could complete my papers on his end, (all I have left to do is "Review and Accept Privacy Agreement" and "Submit Electronic Recommendation.") He logged onto the MSS site where he could also see the progress of my papers (same as the Bishop and Stake Clerks) and it gave him the option to "help applicant with papers." after finding my name and recommendation process. When he did this, and it prompted us for my log in info it gave us the same error, "You have provided an incorrect user name or password."
I literally just have to submit the online form to be completed with everything for my mission paper's submission and wait for a call. It's been two weeks since the first time I emailed LDS Tech and I still haven't gotten a reply. It's really disappointing that LDS tech hasn't been of any help, so I hope I can get to the bottom of this quickly on the online forms. Any recommendation would be appreciated.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Please Help! Trouble Signing into LDS.ORG/MSS

Post by russellhltn »

austinjameshodges wrote:It's been two weeks since the first time I emailed LDS Tech and I still haven't gotten a reply. It's really disappointing that LDS tech hasn't been of any help, so I hope I can get to the bottom of this quickly on the online forms. Any recommendation would be appreciated.
That's not really what LDSTech does. I'd have your ward clerk call Local Unit Support and have them work on the problem.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

I would suggest you ask your stake clerk to call the Missionary Department and let them know what has happened. They may be able to unlock your application again so that you can sign in and complete the last two steps.
austinjameshodges

Post by austinjameshodges »

Sounds good :)
Thanks for the suggestions
glaveestevens

Post by glaveestevens »

I want to access the information to fill out for becoming a missionary. How do I access it?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

glaveestevens wrote:I want to access the information to fill out for becoming a missionary. How do I access it?
Here are the steps:
  1. Your bishop needs to add you to the Missionary Recommendation System.
  2. You need an LDS Account (if you don't have one, you can obtain one at https://ldsaccount.lds.org).
  3. Go to https://lds.org/mss and sign in with your LDS Account.
1968leocomeeatabite

Post by 1968leocomeeatabite »

I cannot sign into LDS.org. I can sign into family search (The Tree). For about an hour I get a message the the site may be temporarily down. I did a search in this forum and it seems to not be any activity of others not having access. So I am suspicious it is something wrong with my equipment? Any one got help or knowledge?
mevans

Post by mevans »

1968leocomeeatabite wrote:I cannot sign into LDS.org. I can sign into family search (The Tree). For about an hour I get a message the the site may be temporarily down. I did a search in this forum and it seems to not be any activity of others not having access. So I am suspicious it is something wrong with my equipment? Any one got help or knowledge?
If you can get in to family search, but not LDS.org, then maybe your LDS Account isn't connected to your membership record. Go to https://LDSaccount.lds.org. Log in if you need to. Look at the Membership tab. Does it show your membership record number (MRN)? If not, you need to get your MRN connected to your LDS Account. You can do that from the LDS Account page.
LDSAccountTech
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by LDSAccountTech »

The lds.org/mss site requires two things in order to work:
1. a valid lds account with a MRN
2. a Bishop adding the account to the site.

If you have these two things, you should be able to log in and complete your papers. If you are absolutely positive that you are using a member account and that the Bishop added you to the system. Then the Missionary Department can look further into the issue.
LDSAccountTech
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by LDSAccountTech »

If you are having trouble logging in with your LDS Account, another option to try, is a different computer, different browser, or clear ALL temporary Internet files. You can press <Ctrl>, <Shift>, and <Delete> to open the browser's 'Clear browser's temp files' dialog.' Clearing temporary Internet files is a documented solution for the problem "can log into some Church websites, but not other Church websites."

Return to “Other Websites”