Oldest child in MLS, missing in directory

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
DVII

Oldest child in MLS, missing in directory

Post by DVII »

I've noticed that my oldest doesn't show up in our family on the ward directory, but I've verified with the ward clerks that she is showing up correctly in MLS and is associated with our household. Is this a known bug, or is there something I should do?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Oldest child in MLS, missing in directory

Post by russellhltn »

I your oldest a member? If not, that would explain why they are not showing.

Otherwise, it's something the clerks will have to work out.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
DVII

Post by DVII »

Wow, took me long enough to reply -- sorry about that! Yes, she's a member -- but just about to turn 4. Her younger sister shows up fine, but there was some mix-up with the records when we moved into this ward; apparently the record for the 4-year-old wasn't created correctly in our previous ward (wish I had more to tell you there). I think I saw another post about searching for individual records as well as family records, so I'll check on that, but I believe that the records had all been corrected in MLS. Any other ideas? Thanks!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Some clerks have difficultly understanding the different screens in MLS. It's possible that the prior ward added your child to the parent's record without creating a record for her. As such, your current ward will see the child listed on your record - but that's just genealogy information. She will still appear there when she grows up, moves out and gets married. IOW, it has nothing to do with her being a member - much less a member of the ward. That would fit with the indication that her record wasn't created properly in the prior ward.

The clerks need to check if they actually have a individual record for her. The quickest way to do that is to do a look up by individual name and see if she's listed. If she's not in that list, then there is no record. They need to create one. Since she's still under 8 years old, that's easy. It's not possible once she turns 8 until she's baptized.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”