Sacrament Meeting Agenda

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
silid

Sacrament Meeting Agenda

Post by silid »

Hi all

My Bishop asked me to produce a form Sacrament meeting agenda and so I thought I'd share it with you all.

I know this has been done a few times before and everyone has their own preferences, so if anyone wants to use ours they can.

I have posted it with some others on the wiki:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Callings#Resources

The direct download is here:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/images/0/06/S ... tended.pdf

It is a PDF but has some non printing form fields to change the ward and stake on the page title and is extended to allow even the free adobe reader to add text boxes and save changes.

It is designed to be printed double sided with pages 1 & 3 for most Sundays or 2 & 3 for Fast Sundays.

Enjoy.
gregwanderson

Post by gregwanderson »

I like this. It's almost TOO good (because it looks like an official publication from Church Headquarters but it really isn't). Normally, we just try to keep a copy of each Sunday's printed program on file somewhere. Those often contain handwritten notes about callings and they can be a good reference for remembering the last time an individual spoke in Sacrament Meeting or offered a prayer. But our system for storing that information seems very inconsistent. This form could be a great help.

I wonder if a two-column version would be sufficient, with all the information on one side of the paper. The current version might contain more space for writing than we really need.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

On the Callings wiki page, the text in the previously posted agenda (the .doc format) mentions "raising the right hand." If you read Handbook 2, Section 19.3, you'll see that the appropriate text simply refers to "the uplifted hand." I know there's a tradition of raising the right hand, but I believe it's best not to add additional requirements to what the Handbook says. The newly posted agendas (the .pdf format) do properly use the term "uplifted hand."

It was interesting to note that during the sustaining of Church officers in general conference, President Uchtdorf never even mentioned a hand of any kind -- he mostly said "manifest it" but also used words such as "indicate," "signify," and "same sign."
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
silid

Post by silid »

I've just updated the form as I hadn't remembered that the ward name appeared in the new member section on page 2. This new version now updates the ward name there too.
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

On the callings list, the family history calling names need to be updated to reflect Handbook 2 Section 5.4 and the current Chart of Callings.

The callings currently shown on the PDF are the old callings from the old Church Handbook of Instructions (1998), from the Chart of Calls in Book 1, in Book 2, Section 9 (2006) that refer to an 'extraction director' and 'extraction worker'. Both callings were renamed. The Stake Extraction Director is now the Stake Indexing Director' and 'extraction workers' are simply known as 'indexers'. Calling indexers is rare, but is an option for some bishops where desired but calling people as indexers is not necessary for participation as FamilySearch Indexing needs all the help they can get, whether it's an official calling or not.

Additionally, on the stake side there are 'assistant indexing directors', and there can be more than one, and where I've heard of it, a few stakes have had an assistant in each ward, that was just the way they did it is all as there is no hard rule on that.
davidbann

Re: Sacrament Meeting Agenda

Post by davidbann »

Thank you - this is brilliant!
igronbeck

Post by igronbeck »

Thank You! Very helpful
eomar_1

Post by eomar_1 »

Thanks i'll try to adapt it
ThallesNogueira

Post by ThallesNogueira »

Great form! Thanks, I'll use it in my ward.
RichardThrift1976

Post by RichardThrift1976 »

Tears of joy. I was baptized in the Westcotes Ward in 1994. I left soon after. I am now a Melchizedek Priest in Freehold Ward, New Jersey.

Return to “Reports and Forms”