Member requesting physical address be removed

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
sbbenson

Member requesting physical address be removed

Post by sbbenson »

We have a new member in our ward that we are reactivating. Due to his employment and security issues, he does not want his physical address (home address) listed anywhere. He does have a PO Box and will provide this. How do we request records without having an address? How do I handle this situation?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Member requesting physical address be removed

Post by russellhltn »

I'd request his records and use the PO Box for his address. Unless LCR does more checking than past systems, that shouldn't be a problem. MLS never cared about it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbbenson

Post by sbbenson »

I guess I will try and request by using the MLS. LDS.org > Clerk Resources will not allow the record to be requested even if I put in the PO Box. It advises that a physical address is required.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sbbenson wrote:LDS.org > Clerk Resources will not allow the record to be requested even if I put in the PO Box. It advises that a physical address is required.
Interesting. If you want to take this further, you could give Local Unit Support a call. I believe there's a fair number of members in the "three-letter agency" business that would have similar concerns. Simply using the privacy settings in the directory may not be sufficient.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

sbbenson wrote:I guess I will try and request by using the MLS. LDS.org > Clerk Resources will not allow the record to be requested even if I put in the PO Box. It advises that a physical address is required.
You might try using the church's address (if it's in your ward boundaries) or some other valid address in the ward to make the request and then edit the record afterward to change it to the PO Box.
mbatemantx

Post by mbatemantx »

Interesting timing as I received a record recently that had been in address unknown to our ward with a PO box as the address, so apparently it can be done.

Return to “Membership Help”