Member records partially missing

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
k.m.olsen13@gmail.com

Member records partially missing

Post by k.m.olsen13@gmail.com »

Hi all,

The records for a member that was previously in my ward disappeared from MLS and lds.org. However, when I view her name in her donor statement in the tithing settlement screen, it says she is a member, as opposed to out-of-unit. Any ideas? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Kyle
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Member records partially missing

Post by jdlessley »

k.m.olsen13@gmail.com wrote:The records for a member that was previously in my ward disappeared from MLS and lds.org. However, when I view her name in her donor statement in the tithing settlement screen, it says she is a member, as opposed to out-of-unit.
Membership records and financial records are maintained separately. The linkage occurs when a donor record is originally created and the donor is a member of the unit. But that linkage is broken when the membership record moves out of a unit. However, the financial records, which are now historical, remain in the unit in which the donations were made. Financial records will remain in the local unit MLS for the required retention period. So it is accurate for the donor statement, a historical financial record, to show a former member of your unit as a member for those donations made to your unit while a member of your unit.

Currently membership financial records to not move with the member when their membership record moves to a new unit. The gaining unit has no financial donation records of the member prior to that member's record arriving in the gaining unit. Those financial records made in the previous unit are in the member's previous unit.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Membership Help”