Ward RS Counselors can't access Members Moved In report

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
rontilby

Ward RS Counselors can't access Members Moved In report

Post by rontilby »

The 27 Aug 2014 release notes for Leader and Clerk Resources (LCR) state: "Added access to LCR for ward council members and their counselors and secretaries. High priest group leaderships and elders quorum, Relief Society, Young Men, Young Women, Sunday School, and Primary presidencies as well as ward mission leaders now have access."

The "Callings by Organization" report on LCR is correct for my ward Relief Society Presidency, but both of the RS Counselors report that they cannot access the "Members Moved In" report. The RS President reports that she does have access to the report.

Is this a widespread problem or specific to my unit?

Thanks,
Ron Tilby
Ward Clerk
Millcreek 6th Ward (132)
Salt Lake Millcreek Stake (501972)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Ward RS Counselors can't access Members Moved In report

Post by russellhltn »

Interesting. The Access Table doesn't distinguish between a RS President and her counselors.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

We had one of the QA engineers look at this this morning and he couldn't reproduce the issue. Is there someone else that can test it with a different unit?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

scgallafent wrote:We had one of the QA engineers look at this this morning and he couldn't reproduce the issue. Is there someone else that can test it with a different unit?
My wife is a counselor in our ward's RS presidency and she can see the Moved In report on LCR with no problems.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

OK, this might be a stretch, but I noticed over the weekend that much of the Help Center content couldn't be viewed in IE11, but worked fine in Chrome. (Such as Meetinghouse Technology Policy.) I wonder if there's anything like that going on in LCR?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

rontilby wrote: The "Callings by Organization" report on LCR is correct for my ward Relief Society Presidency, but both of the RS Counselors report that they cannot access the "Members Moved In" report. The RS President reports that she does have access to the report.
I've asked leaders with similar "puzzling" problems to meet me in the clerks office after a meeting and had them sign-in on the clerks computer or my laptop to LDS.org LCR with their account while I watched them try to access something, so I could see what was happening...
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

results... ?
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

johnshaw wrote:results... ?
Results from me? I often find the problem is more of a training issue, but you need to see what they see.

Results? Often it's something simple, but you never would have guessed what that might be until they showed you. "You're using your spouses account?"
"Yes, we share our Lds.org login."
"Well, that's why. Let's get you set-up!"
"A soft answer turneth away wrath" works great on LDSTech forum boards!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

kisaac wrote:"You're using your spouses account?"
BTDT :rolleyes:

kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

russellhltn wrote:
kisaac wrote:"You're using your spouses account?"
BTDT :rolleyes:
Wow! this might be church-wide.... It's my new first question when people have difficulties... :)

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”