Visiting Teaching Leader

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
heartlandpom

Visiting Teaching Leader

Post by heartlandpom »

HI, I wondered if there are any plans to allow other members with callings that use the MLS program to be able to access it, and if so, when?

Thanks
Sister Kieffer
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Visiting Teaching Leader

Post by aebrown »

heartlandpom wrote:HI, I wondered if there are any plans to allow other members with callings that use the MLS program to be able to access it, and if so, when?
I don't quite understand your question. Are you asking about access to MLS? If so, then that is possible right now. The bishop may determine which members of his ward should have access, and what level of access. Of course, he can and should consider their callings in determining their access level. Then the bishop simply asks an MLS administrator (typically the ward clerk) to give those members MLS access and sets up a user account for them. MLS can only be accessed on the ward's computer (typically located in the clerk's office), so arrangements would have to be made for physical access to that locked room.

Your post title mentioned "Visiting Teaching Leader"; it is entirely appropriate for a bishop to direct that a visiting teaching supervisor would have Organization rights to MLS in order to organize VT districts and companionships and to record visits.

Note that many of the capabilities of MLS are gradually moving to Leader and Clerk Resources on LDS.org, and those permissions will be entirely based on a person's calling. But VT won't move to LCR until sometime in the second quarter of this year, and even then, each ward and stake will have to make a decision as to whether to use LCR or MLS for managing HT/VT.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”