New Handbook Coming?

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
silus99

New Handbook Coming?

Post by silus99 »

I noticed that the Church had been issuing new policy handbooks about every four years, but last year we did not get a new one. I always look forward to the handbooks coming out as they often clarify the last manual and provide updated guidance for current issues. Just wondering?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: New Handbook Coming?

Post by sbradshaw »

I haven't heard anything about a new handbook, but they have made some changes to the current handbook. Because it is published and accessed online, it is easy to make changes when needed, instead of publishing a whole new book.

I'm interested to know if anyone has ordered a physical copy of the handbook recently – are the changes that are made online reflected in the newest print editions?

Some examples of changes off the top of my head since 2010: policies relating to "mid-singles", and policies for internet use.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

sbradshaw wrote:Some examples of changes off the top of my head since 2010: policies relating to "mid-singles"....
Moderator note: A tangential discussion was split off into the topic "Mid-singles".
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

silus99 wrote:I noticed that the Church had been issuing new policy handbooks about every four years, but last year we did not get a new one.
Just because the last two handbook publishing dates happened to be about 4 years apart (2006 and 2010), I see no evidence that this established a trend. After all, the previous handbook publishing date was 1998 (8 years before 2006). I don't think you'll have much success in trying to outguess future publication dates.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

aebrown wrote:
silus99 wrote:I noticed that the Church had been issuing new policy handbooks about every four years, but last year we did not get a new one.
Just because the last two handbook publishing dates happened to be about 4 years apart (2006 and 2010), I see no evidence that this established a trend. After all, the previous handbook publishing date was 1998 (8 years before 2006). I don't think you'll have much success in trying to outguess future publication dates.
8 years to 2006, then 4 years to 2010 – I would've expected a handbook in 2012! :)
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “General Discussions”