Birthday Calendar in LDS Tools

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
robdnz

Birthday Calendar in LDS Tools

Post by robdnz »

It would be fantastic if you developed a birthday calendar in LDS Tools that displayed all the birthdays within in the ward. At the moment to in order to create a birthday calendar you have to export all of the ward birthdays, format them in the ical format and then import. It would be so much easier if it was an automatic option within the Calendars on LDS Tools. A further option would be RS birthday calendar, Primary birthday calendar, YW's etc etc. I'm not sure if this is on the road map, but would be a great help for Ward and Aux leaders. Cheers, Rob
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Birthday Calendar in LDS Tools

Post by russellhltn »

I'm not sure what the plan is, but I'm sure there would be significant privacy concerns.

Chances are the function would end up in LCR which is better equipped to give information only for members that particular leader has stewardship over.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote:I'm not sure what the plan is, but I'm sure there would be significant privacy concerns.

Chances are the function would end up in LCR which is better equipped to give information only for members that particular leader has stewardship over.
If I remember right there is already a simple birthday list report available to leaders in LDS Tools. But it's not integrated with the calendar.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

russellhltn wrote:I'm not sure what the plan is, but I'm sure there would be significant privacy concerns.
Three years ago, a Church employee strongly discouraged birthday calendars (in this post) because of system performance issues. I have no idea if that is still a consideration. But care should always be exercised regarding privacy.
russellhltn wrote:Chances are the function would end up in LCR which is better equipped to give information only for members that particular leader has stewardship over.
This function is already in LCR: Reports > Birthday List. You can choose how many months to include (up to 12). But it's not at all integrated into Calendar, which is what the OP was about.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I know this is some time after the original post, but the birthday list is currently available in LDS Tools under Reports, depending on your calling.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Member Tools”