calling listed in Mls not showing on lds.org or lds tools

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
chefonthego

calling listed in Mls not showing on lds.org or lds tools

Post by chefonthego »

A 50 yr old elder was added & associated to the high priests in mls. Then he received & sustained & was set apart a calling as the hpg asst Secretary. I added him to the calling . It's showing up in mls just fine but in lds.org or lds tools . It's not showing him w his new calling. It's been over 48 hrs . Ideas ?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: calling listed in Mls not showing on lds.org or lds tool

Post by scgallafent »

Was he ordained a high priest? If he hasn't been ordained a high priest, the change will be rejected when it is processed by CDOL. Sounds like I need to check the MLS rules.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Handbook 2: 7.3.3: "With the bishop’s approval, leaders in the elders quorum and high priests group may call and set apart assistant secretaries to help with these responsibilities. Prospective elders may be called to serve as assistant secretaries."

I don't see anything requiring the HP assistant secretary to be a HP. The secretary, yes. But the above quote is the only thing I can find on the assistant.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

The current rule in CDOL requires that he be ordained a high priest. We've logged it to be reviewed.
chefonthego

Post by chefonthego »

Yes according to the hand book . All is in order. So how do I get this to show up in lds.org & lds tools ? It shows in mls just fine.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

chefonthego wrote:So how do I get this to show up in lds.org & lds tools ? It shows in mls just fine.
Short of ordaining him a HP, I think you need to wait for the review.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
chefonthego

Post by chefonthego »

Realistically. How long will that probably take ??
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

I don't know. The process has started, but I don't know when we'll get a final response.
chefonthego

Post by chefonthego »

This takes awhile? Still not showing up
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

Yes, the process takes a while. I don't know when we'll get a final response.

The calling isn't going to show up even if the requirement is changed. When the change was submitted, CDOL rejected the request because it didn't meet the requirements for that position. It's not a matter of the rules changing and the calling appearing. As far as CDOL is concerned, it was invalid and the record no longer exists. If you request a calling data refresh (on the file menu in MLS), you will see it disappear. MLS will automatically request a calling refresh on a regular basis to keep itself in sync with CDOL, so it will eventually disappear out of MLS on its own.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”