Sony PTZ Camera, Power, Video, Control over Ethernet Cable

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
kenyongiles

Sony PTZ Camera, Power, Video, Control over Ethernet Cable

Post by kenyongiles »

Hello, I'm posting this to hopefully help others that are looking for a power, video and control solution for their Sony PTZ camera. We mounted our Sony EVI-D80 camera on the ceiling of the chapel and needed to get power to it, along with a control cable and video cable back to our satellite closet. The solution we came up with was to purchase a cable extension kit produced by Rocosoft. They can send power, video and RS-232 control through a single Ethernet cable. We had our FM group pull the Ethernet cable, connected the adapters, and were done. Super simple, stress free install. We can now power and control the camera from our satellite room. Here's a link to their product:

http://www.rocosoft.com/ptz-control-pro ... e-extender

The hardware is a little pricey, but avoided so many complications. We're also using their camera control software because we wanted an end to end solution from one provider, but the free software would probably work... just haven't tested it out. Hopefully this helps someone, please let me know if there are any questions. Thanks for all the help in these forums, they're great.
craiggsmith

Re: Sony PTZ Camera, Power, Video, Control over Ethernet Cab

Post by craiggsmith »

Awesome, just what I needed, thanks very much!
Craig
South Jordan, UT
kenyongiles

Re: Sony PTZ Camera, Power, Video, Control over Ethernet Cab

Post by kenyongiles »

You are very welcome. Glad it helped you out.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”