Meeting agenda Interface

Discussions around miscellaneous technologies and projects for the general membership.
jpointer

Meeting agenda Interface

Post by jpointer »

Does anyone know of a project or a program where PEC and meeting agendas are digital and self updating. I think this would be Amazing. I am not computer savvy enough to make a program very fast. If I started working on it now, it might take me a couple of years and a lot of unnecessary mistakes. Someone, with the knowledge already available to them, could probably do it in a month, at tops, I believe. It is possible however that I do not understand the scope of what I am asking. Any insight would be great! I think this is long overdue. I fave found a few google documents that do this. I will post them if more clarification is needed.(I would like it to move away from google document and be more "lds tools") Other wise, I will outline a simplistic thought process.

Meeting (any meeting in any auxiliary) notes would...
1. Come up with an overview of the previous meeting
2. Items that need to be followed ups from the previous meeting
3.Outline for the new meeting

In a Stake or Bishop Setting the program would then also have categories to transfer into task specific areas. For example, During a Bishop meeting a topic came up involving the primary. A way would be possible to send the information to the councilor over primary (or person assigned) to be brought up the next time he meets with them.

This would also have the calendar available for presidents to integrate and manage time.

I am sure that there is a lot that can be added to this, things improved... I'm just begging for something more then paper that can evolve into something great! Thanks in advance for input!
jpointer

Re: Meeting agenda Interface

Post by jpointer »

After searching what felt like all morning, I found what I may have been looking for. But I will have look into it further. www.wardplan.com i do not know if this is good or bad, just stumbled upon it, when i was about to write another idea. Thoughts are still welcome. Thanks again.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jpointer wrote:After searching what felt like all morning, I found what I may have been looking for. But I will have look into it further. http://www.wardplan.com i do not know if this is good or bad, just stumbled upon it, when i was about to write another idea.
There was some discussion here.

The problem with this - or any other program that does what you're asking is that you've having to load membership and/or sensitive information about other people into non-church servers. In the case of membership data, that's against policy.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jpointer

Post by jpointer »

Is there then a way to find out if the church is working on something like this, or, even if this was to be worked on, if the church would integrate it into what they have. To me, we seem to be 10 years behind on this one... I am willing to do more leg work ESP if I get pointed in the right direction.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

jpointer wrote:Is there then a way to find out if the church is working on something like this, or, even if this was to be worked on, if the church would integrate it into what they have. To me, we seem to be 10 years behind on this one... I am willing to do more leg work ESP if I get pointed in the right direction.
The church does not integrate with with 3rd party applications when membership or leadership data is concerned. It would be difficult for them to ensure everything conforms to all privacy laws in various jurisdictions and to the church's own privacy policies if they did.

Usually the only way we know about church development plans more than a few weeks ahead of time is when something is discussed at an LDSTech conference. And I'm pretty sure nothing along these lines has been discussed. Personally, I doubt anything is being worked on now. There is still a lot of work involved to enhance LCR so it can do everything MLS does. And I think development for missionary support is also consuming a lot of church resources.

It really isn't possible to actively get a project moving as a member. See the section "Can I start my own LDSTech project?" on the Introduction to LDSTech Projects page on the wiki for information about sharing ideas with the church. But for anything to actually happen a church department has to decide to sponsor it.

Return to “Other Member Technologies”