Meeting Software

Discussions around miscellaneous technologies and projects for the general membership.
Moroni-p40

Meeting Software

Post by Moroni-p40 »

Does anyone know of good meeting minute taking software?
Software that should assist you in keeping track of action items, important discussions and decisions made.
Currently I use a spreadsheet and I keep thinking there should be a software tool for this.
I found an "in the works" sourceforge project.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/lds-meeting-mgr/
There are some screen shots of the database schema, but nothing released.

Specifically ward clerks could use something like this, but I think if all secretaries (people who track meetings) had such software it would provide direction to the secretaries so they would know what exactly they should do and better assist leaders.
Moroni Pickering
Software Developer/Engineer/Programmer
jp78

Post by jp78 »

I've seen this one for sacrament meeting on the palm. It might not be exactly what you want, but could give some ideas.

http://www.shiblon.com/palm/minutes/
HansenBK

Omni Outliner

Post by HansenBK »

I LOVE Omni-Outliner for the mac. It is the slickest tool that I have ever used for taking notes quickly and also making check lists. Probably not what you are looking for, but I don't know what I would do without it.
jeffvand

Post by jeffvand »

bh5k wrote:I LOVE Omni-Outliner for the mac. It is the slickest tool that I have ever used for taking notes quickly and also making check lists. Probably not what you are looking for, but I don't know what I would do without it.
Where can one find Omni-Outliner?
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

Google for Omni Outliner and you will find it easily.

Tom
Moroni-p40

Post by Moroni-p40 »

Only if I had a Mac...
Moroni Pickering
Software Developer/Engineer/Programmer
epoulin-p40

Post by epoulin-p40 »

I wrote the LDS Meeting Manager software referenced from sourceforge. Its still "in the works" due to my not having enough time to work on it. I created a posting in another section of this forum on the matter... any takers for helping to complete it?
Eric Poulin
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

epoulin wrote:I wrote the LDS Meeting Manager software referenced from sourceforge. Its still "in the works" due to my not having enough time to work on it. I created a posting in another section of this forum on the matter... any takers for helping to complete it?
Here is the post to the other thread.

Tom
jpointer

Re: Meeting Software

Post by jpointer »

Can anyone let me know what ended up happening to this project? Seems to have vanished....
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Meeting Software

Post by aebrown »

jpointer wrote:Can anyone let me know what ended up happening to this project? Seems to have vanished....
Since this topic is a full eight years old, I doubt that anyone knows. However, the sourceforge project had an update less than 2 years ago, so maybe it's not completely dead. I'd recommend that you work through the contact information found at sourceforge.

Return to “Other Member Technologies”