Calendaring Issues after Stake Boundary Changes

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
NPAlemany

Calendaring Issues after Stake Boundary Changes

Post by NPAlemany »

Hi, I hope you can help us, cause no one seems to know the answer. 6 weeks ago, 3 stakes and 1 overlay Spanish stake were changed to 4 geographic stakes. Things have been s...l...o...w getting the stakes back up and running fully again. As the Website Administrator, I would like to see the calendaring system functioning as it should so that the new wards that have joined our stake can see what is going on in the stake and can be introduced to using the calendar system. HQ was very good about immediately making the ward rosters of our newly acquired wards available on the LDS tools app and the directory available on www.lds.org and we are greatful. We still have a building listed as ours that is no longer ours and other buildings that should be ours and are not.

I have sent the list of corrections to our stake executive secretary to see how far he could get. He started with the FM group, which sent him to global services, who sent him to "feedback", who sent him back to the FM group. Do any of you calendar tech guru's know who is supposed to fix this problem? The FM group keeps telling us all they can do is check to see what is on the FMAT and that is all. If it was suppose to happen at the same time as the update to the LDS tools app and directory update, it didn't. The Stake Executive Secretary is going to go back to the FM group tomorrow and told him I would come to you and see if we could find some answers. Who makes corrections to FMAT?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Calendaring Issues after Stake Boundary Changes

Post by russellhltn »

Looking at some prior email on a similar situation:
  • Any Building Schedulers are not automatically transferred in a stake split. The old stake will need to release them from the calendar, and the new stake will need to add them. (You didn't mention this, but I thought I'd cover it.)
  • The new stake cannot add them until the FMAT database is updated by the Physical Facilities department. This usually take 2-3 week.
  • The person to contact is the Physical Facilities Manager.
Looking at the phrasing, I've always thought that FM was/is Physical Facilities, but maybe not.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
NPAlemany

Post by NPAlemany »

Thank you, Russell,

FM, as far as I know, is Physical Facilities and I and the stake executive secretary (SES)have been talking with the secretary for our group. Is there an HQ Facilities Management department that the regional FM groups report to and take their marching orders from? We have LONG past exceeded the 2-3 week window, we are beginning the 3rd 2 - 3 week window. Is there a tech support group that the Executive Secretary can go to for this question? Our FMAT data base is a mess which extends beyond just calendaring - the SES has told me stories of the challenges this mess has created for all individuals with stake callings coming from these new wards just added to our stake. We really need some definitive answers from some place.

I sort of figured Building Schedulers didn't transfer, but thanks for the tip. When the building that is no longer ours is finally moved out of our FMAT list as ours and goes over to where it belongs I'll be sure to let their building scheduler know she needs to get put back on.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I got clarification that FM is Physical Facilities. However, I also learned that there seems to be a problem getting FMAT updates into the calendar.

At this point, is FM saying they've done the update and you're not seeing it, or are they saying they can't update FMAT? (Which would be a separate issue.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
NPAlemany

Post by NPAlemany »

Our FM group is saying they don't do updates and they don't know who does which is why they sent us over to the Global systems group, who sent us to "Feedback", who sent us back to the FM group. This is what we were told:

"I am not for sure why the system would say “see the FM group to see that the building assignments are up to date”. All I know is that Salt Lake makes changes in my system and all I can do is verify that the information is correct. I have checked my units again for the various buildings and all are correct according to the information that I received from the FM manager."

Only problem is the information is not correct and we have tried to explain that. Who are the people at HQ that make the changes, that she is referring to?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

nancypalemany wrote:"I have checked my units again for the various buildings and all are correct according to the information that I received from the FM manager."
OK, at this point it sounds like FM's FMAT is correct. The problem is that's not getting to the calendar. That's a different issue.

Check your PM for a contact.

NPAlemany

Post by NPAlemany »

We actually don't know that for certain because we didn't check her list against ours. But that is a good point. Will check and get back to you. If your assumption is accurate then this really is "a horse of a different color." Thanks
NPAlemany

Post by NPAlemany »

Here is the latest from our FM group, it may shed more light on the problem:
"Nancy,
Although I would love to be able to answer your question below, I don’t have the answer for you. The only thing I can do in FMAT is assign wards to the buildings where they are assigned.

I am not for sure who assigns buildings to the stakes.

I have already passed your information onto Salt Lake and I will send you an answer to your question as soon I hear from HQ."

What do you make of that?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

nancypalemany wrote:What do you make of that?
That's still doesn't answer the question - is the information shown correct? If the information in FMAT is wrong and she can't change it, that's one issue.

If the information is correct on her screen, but not correct in the calendar, that's a completely different issue. (And we do have a known issue with that. We're just not sure if this is your issue.)

You need to talk to her about what she is seeing.

NPAlemany

Post by NPAlemany »

So this was the reply from our FM group:

"For clarification, FMAT is not the program where the units are assigned to the Stakes. That is a totally different program called the Church Directory Of Leadership. The stake clerks and the folks in Salt Lake change the information in the CDOL program. The disconnect is not between the FM Group and Salt Lake but rather between the stake clerks and Salt Lake.

The FMAT program in our way of tracking invoices, inventory and building projects. In FMAT, I can only assign wards to buildings and that is all I can do. There is not a way for me to check which ward in under the stake in FMAT. All the units on the FM part are assigned to the correct buildings including those that may be a part of another stake.

With this being said, we are not able to help you any further as the problem is not the FM Group’s to solve. The Stake Clerk’s will need to stay in contact with the folks in Salt Lake until a resolution is found."

Return to “Calendar”