Unable to subscribe to Location Calendar

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
Calgaryguy

Unable to subscribe to Location Calendar

Post by Calgaryguy »

I am the building scheduler for our building. Starting in the last few months my stake has switched from using a stake resources celndar for building bookings, to having a seperate calendar for each building. These new calendars show up under "Locations". I've noticed that the LDS Tools app can only see my ward and stake calendars on the subscriptions page. I'd like to be able to subscribe to the location calendar for my building so that I can easily check for booking when I'm away from my computer. I can just log into LDS.org but the page is not optimized for mobile view at all :(

Has anybody else come across this issue?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Unable to subscribe to Location Calendar

Post by russellhltn »

Calgaryguy wrote:Starting in the last few months my stake has switched from using a stake resources celndar for building bookings, to having a seperate calendar for each building. These new calendars show up under "Locations".
I believe what you are describing is the change in the calendar system itself. What used to be a separate restriction calendar is now a location calendar integrated into the main calendar view, and you (as the building scheduler) can schedule events on it.

One concern I'd have over adding the location calendar would be that LDS Tools is not a "live" view and there is no automatic sync. As such, the information can be quite stale. I'd think some kind of update for auto-update for calendaring would have to be added before that feature is implemented. Otherwise, it could cause more harm than good.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Calgaryguy

Post by Calgaryguy »

Thanks. I guess you're right about the lack of real time view in the app. This would be great to have in my opinion.
scottkins

Post by scottkins »

This is also a problem with synched calendars such as Google Calendar. Many activities in our ward are scheduled by the building scheduler, but do not show up in the synched Google Calendar because you can't subscribe to them. Is there a way to get these activities to show up on a synched calendar?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

scottkins wrote:Many activities in our ward are scheduled by the building scheduler, but do not show up in the synched Google Calendar because you can't subscribe to them. Is there a way to get these activities to show up on a synched calendar?
Get the ward to schedule the activities on the Ward calendar. The location calendar wasn't designed to be shared out or synced.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Android Member Tools App”