Need expanded permissions for stake auxiliary presidencies

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
lgrether

Need expanded permissions for stake auxiliary presidencies

Post by lgrether »

As the stake young men president, it would be extremely helpful for me to be able to look up the names of the young men and their quorum callings in each of the 11 wards in our stake on my personal device -- especially as I prepare to meet with them during ward conferences and in their quorum meetings.

I propose that as members of the stake council, stake auxiliary presidents should have access to the same information as stake high counselors.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Need expanded permissions for stake auxiliary presidenci

Post by russellhltn »

While not quite the same thing, you might want to read Stake Young Men President access to LCR as I suspect the answer might well be the same.

Please keep in mind that most of us here are just people serving in local units like yourself. While we do have visits from church employees, (which we really appreciate) they're implementers and not deciders of that kind of thing.

Your best bet is to use the Feedback link on the main lds.org website and/or ask the stake president to take up the matter with the Area Authority. Because any change will have to come down from the Priesthood, not a request to the developers.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
WayneSackley

Post by WayneSackley »

I completely agree. I have raised this same frustration as a Stake YM President. This can be done if you are listed as a stake clerk, which tells me that local adaptation is possible, but not correct. The tool should assist the calling.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

WayneSackley wrote:I completely agree. I have raised this same frustration as a Stake YM President. This can be done if you are listed as a stake clerk, which tells me that local adaptation is possible, but not correct. The tool should assist the calling.
For all that is good and HOLY please tell me people aren't just assigning the MLS position of STAKE CLERK to get around things they think are silly rules. That role provides access to many things of a confidential nature and breaks the trust that the Leaders of the Church (The Prophet) have put in place with members of the church.

One is not entitled to information just because one thinks they are.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

lgrether wrote:I propose that as members of the stake council, stake auxiliary presidents should have access to the same information as stake high counselors.
I just saw this, just in case you were under the impression that you have different access than stake high counselors, you don't. They have no more access than you do.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
lgrether

Post by lgrether »

Thanks, everyone for your comments. They have all been helpful. I will begin the work of promoting this suggestion through appropriate priesthood channels.

Return to “Member Tools”