Class is added but doesn't appear under administratio

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
jlayton1225

Class is added but doesn't appear under administratio

Post by jlayton1225 »

I am a branch clerk. I am using the lesson schedule application for the first time. I followed the provided instructions on how to add a class, however, when I go under administration to activate the class there are no classes listed that I have saved. As an FYI confirmation of the class being saved did appear before I went back to activate said class. I even attempted adding the same class again with the same results. Is there a fix for this problem?
mevans

Re: Class is added but doesn't appear under administratio

Post by mevans »

I'm not sure what would be happening here. The "save" confirmation appears when it switches back to the page where you would activate the class; however, you said a "confirmation of the class being saved did appear before I went back to activate said class." This confuses me a bit: what are you going "back" to in order to activate the class? You should already be on that page after saving the class.
monikapemberton

Post by monikapemberton »

I too am wondering how to activate my classes that the computer says were saved, but they are not found on list to activate.
mevans

Post by mevans »

Can you post a screen shot of your Administration screen?
annagent

Post by annagent »

I was just called as Web Admin, but cannot find an 'Administration' link that allows me to "Add Class", the last time our Branch calendar had any classes created was back in June of 2013. I've been looking and looking everywhere trying to get the Lessons populated for Gospel Doctrine and PH & RS but if I can't even add a class I'm somewhat 'stuck'

I can administer the Calendars, add admins for specific calendars, I can create and delete events, but its not letting me edit events. And that is where my access ends.

I'm pretty tech savvy, but even poking around I've not had any luck locating where this 'Add Class' administration piece can be found.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

annagent wrote:I was just called as Web Admin, but cannot find an 'Administration' link that allows me to "Add Class", the last time our Branch calendar had any classes created was back in June of 2013. I've been looking and looking everywhere trying to get the Lessons populated for Gospel Doctrine and PH & RS but if I can't even add a class I'm somewhat 'stuck'

I can administer the Calendars, add admins for specific calendars, I can create and delete events, but its not letting me edit events. And that is where my access ends.

I'm pretty tech savvy, but even poking around I've not had any luck locating where this 'Add Class' administration piece can be found.
It seems to me that for the most part you are talking about the Calendar tool, which you can access from the Tools menu on LDS.org, or directly at https://lds.org/church-calendar.

However, the forum section and topic you posted to are all about the Lesson Schedules tool, which is also on the Tools menu, or directly at https://lds.org/lesson.

Only in the Lesson Schedules can you add classes. Both the Calendar and Lesson Schedules have something called an Event, but they are quite different concepts in the two separate tools.

As a Web Administrator, you should have administrator access to both tools. Do you understand clearly the distinction between these two tools?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I wonder if you were added as a calendar admin, but not as a website admin. That could explain a lot. Maybe the people who recorded your calling don't understand the difference.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
annagent

Post by annagent »

Thanks for both replies! I think the information provided under the Help files makes it very confusing if being different 'tools' that both the Calendar and the Lesson Schedules use the same term 'Add Event' maybe if they changed the calendar piece to say "Add Calendar Event" vs Lessons "Add Lesson Event" it would help users understand they are two totally different tools!

I probably was added only as a calendar admin and not the website admin.... So next Sunday I'll check into that. (although I'm listed on the "other" callings page as website admin I'm sure there's a set of permissions that has not been turned on for me-- being a tiny branch, there are not many tech savvy people involved!) Its probably why the previous 'website admin' was so frustrated and could never do anything either!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

annagent wrote:although I'm listed on the "other" callings page as website admin I'm sure there's a set of permissions that has not been turned on for me-- being a tiny branch, there are not many tech savvy people involved!)
It's possible you are added as a custom calling. Custom callings carry no rights at all. Only standards positions have rights.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Lesson Schedules”