Personal Calendars?

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
shem.simmons

Personal Calendars?

Post by shem.simmons »

Are people allowed to make personal private calendars? I just noticed that our ward exec secretary has a private personal calendar to which he is the sole viewer and editor. Is this appropriate? I would assume that personal calendars should be kept on your personal devices, and subscribed to the ward calendar, not kept on lds.org. Am I wrong?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Personal Calendars?

Post by russellhltn »

The older help files had verbiage to that effect. But I'm not finding it in the current help file.

However, creating a personal calendar in the system would be a bad idea. First, no calendar is truly private. A admin for that unit could add themselves to that calendar. Secondly, all calendars are attached to units, not individuals. If they move out of the unit, then they no longer can see or edit their calendar.

The only way to know if this is appropriate use of the calendar is to see if it's being used for church purposes. It might be a Bishop appointment calendar and the only reason that it hasn't been shared with the bishop is because he'd never use it. Or it might be a test calendar so that that person could experiment with how the calendar works without messing up anyone else.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Personal Calendars?

Post by sbradshaw »

Also, if he is ever released and removed from the system as an editor, he won't have full access to his calendar anymore...
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Calendar”