Tithing status

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
Turmandakh

Tithing status

Post by Turmandakh »

is there any way I can see my monthly contribution (tithing and fast offering) records of last year? I found out one link that saying that identify donation document something like that but the page did not open. It asked me i have to sign in my lds account which is I am already did it. :)
eblood66

Re: Tithing status

Post by eblood66 »

Turmandakh wrote:is there any way I can see my monthly contribution (tithing and fast offering) records of last year? I found out one link that saying that identify donation document something like that but the page did not open. It asked me i have to sign in my lds account which is I am already did it. :)
There is no way to see donation information online, at least not in the US. It's possible that it may be available in some international locations. I'm not sure. In any case, your ward clerk should be able to provide you with a statement of your donations.
LDSAccountTech
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by LDSAccountTech »

Records of Tithing Donations for a member are kept for the current year, and the previous three years. If a member moves to another ward, there is no way that he can get any donation information from the previous ward.

When a member's records are moved to another unit, all donation information for that member is removed from the unit's MLS database.

The clerk would need to make a request in behalf of the member, to Local Unit Support.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

LDSAccountTech wrote:When a member's records are moved to another unit, all donation information for that member is removed from the unit's MLS database.
I'm sorry but that's just not true. Donation records remain in a unit's MLS system even after the donor has moved out of the unit, at least until the retention time for the donation has past. You can always contact your previous ward and they can provide a donation statement for the donations made in that unit for the current or previous year at least.

However, since the original post and answer the online donation system at https://lds.org/donations has become available. Anyone with an LDS Account linked to their membership number can access all their donation history online for several years (my personal history goes back to 2007) assuming that the clerk correctly connected their donation to their membership number.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

eblood66 wrote:There is no way to see donation information online, at least not in the US.
That was true when it was posted, but with on-line donations, that has changed. With that, I can currently see donations as far back as 2007.

LDSAccountTech wrote:When a member's records are moved to another unit, all donation information for that member is removed from the unit's MLS database.
If true, that must have been a recent change. Normally all donations made to a ward stays with that ward for the financial retention period. Otherwise their batches wouldn't balance with the stored paperwork. The current ward would get a PDF around Tithing settlement about prior donations.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote:
If true, that must have been a recent change.
I can't verify that donations are retained because my ward was just formed and we haven't had anyone move out. But I don't believe it could be the case.
russellhltn wrote:Normally all donations made to a ward stays with that ward for the financial retention period. Otherwise their batches wouldn't balance with the stored paperwork.
Exactly. If the donations disappeared when someone moved out it would cause all sorts of audit exceptions whenever an auditor checks a donation batch with a donation from someone who moved out. It would basically become impossible to audit donations if donations can disappear before the audit.
kellymab

Post by kellymab »

Before the new online donations, I have always been able to contact past ward clerks and get my end of the year tax summary for that ward.
LDSAccountTech
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by LDSAccountTech »

When signed in at lds.org under the online donations section, individuals should have the option to not only see the current year's donations but also the previous year's as well.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

LDSAccountTech wrote:When signed in at lds.org under the online donations section, individuals should have the option to not only see the current year's donations but also the previous year's as well.
Actually a member using the Donations program can view donations for the current year and for the previous seven years by using the "Custom Dates" option for "Select Date Range".
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
ScottWallaceShipman

Post by ScottWallaceShipman »

The ward clerk can access previous year (through 2012) donations of members, including those that have moved out of the ward, through MLS> Finances> Financial Reports> Donor Statements...

Return to “Church Account”