Dominican Republic Santo Domingo East Mission Address

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
nathangg

Dominican Republic Santo Domingo East Mission Address

Post by nathangg »

I just noticed that in the official address list for the MTC, the Dominican Republic Santo Domingo East Mission has a mailing address in Miami, Florida:

SDQ 4102
2250 NW 114 Ave Unit 1A
Miami FL 33172-3652
USA

The West mission has the regular pouch mailing address.

I also checked CDOL, and the East mission has a different mailing address (again, in Florida):

AP 000914
8532 NW 66th St.
Miami FL 33166

The West mission has a Dominican Republic mailing address (not Florida).

Is this information correct? I send mail to Florida and it ends up in Dominican Republic?

Thanks~!
nathangg

Re: Dominican Republic Santo Domingo East Mission Address

Post by nathangg »

Oh wait... is the East Mission using a Mailboxes Etc ebox? http://www.mbe.com.do/servicios/ebox has the same mailing address that https://apps.mtc.byu.edu/missions/ has for the East Mission.

Weird.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Dominican Republic Santo Domingo East Mission Address

Post by lajackson »

nathangg wrote:Is this information correct? I send mail to Florida and it ends up in Dominican Republic?
For the MTC and for the East mission, yes, that is exactly how it works. The addresses are correct.

Think of it in terms of the military APO system, where overseas bases have mail addressed to San Francisco, or New York, or a couple of other coastal places. Then the military moves the mail.

The only difference here is that the Church moves the mail.

And look on the bright side. The postage is a lot cheaper.

Return to “General Discussions”