Right click function does not work

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
dshep2020

Right click function does not work

Post by dshep2020 »

Post v2.7.5, Right click on an existing event and selecting Copy Event or Delete Event does not function. Copy Event doesn't allow you to paste it. Delete Event does nothing.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Right click function does not work

Post by russellhltn »

What browser? I tried it in IE11. It seemed to take time to work the first time (as if a script had to initialize) but after that, it seemed to work fine.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dshep2020

Post by dshep2020 »

Chrome 40.0.2214.115 (64-bit) and Safari 8.0.3
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Works fine in Chrome Version 40.0.2214.111 m. I wonder if it's an issue with the 64-bit version? Or perhaps some security setting. I'm not sure what's running so that right-click works like that. Normally a right-click only gets you browser functions.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dshep2020

Post by dshep2020 »

Well..I jumped on my PC to test IE11....right click options don't work there either. They show up, but nothing happens. Just like on chrome and safari. These are on different systems too. Mac and PC. PC also has Chrome v40 and that doesn't work either.

Not to digress or go off topic too much, but man...I feel like I am looking at a different calendar when using IE11! (joking). Is that what church developers primarily develop for?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I wonder if there's something in your connection or computers that's filtering a script.

dshep2020

Post by dshep2020 »

Hmm...tried three different computers (two mac and a Win7 PC) on my network. All have the same issue. I'll try another different PC tomorrow. It worked fine for me prior to this last 2.7.5 upgrade a few weeks ago. I can't say much has changed on my network or computer configs. Just odd that it works fine for you in IE11. I literally never use IE11 and don't have any plugins or extensions running with it.
dshep2020

Post by dshep2020 »

Tried on a different computer on a different network that was not mine. Same issue. Chrome and IE11. Really odd that it would work for someone else and not me specifically. As a stake building scheduler, right click was kind of handy...not a deal breaker or major bug. Made some scheduling a bit easier which didn't have a set recurring schedule. i.e. schedule once with title, comments and room. Copy and paste on the dates/times needed. Oh well...maybe it will begin working again someday! 3.0?? ;-)
Biggles

Re: Wireless Survey of church building with Netspot

Post by Biggles »

In this kind of situation, I've found that using the Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V options work quite well.
dshep2020

Post by dshep2020 »

But this is a web app specific right click function, not a OS native cut and copy where you can substitute a keyboard short cut for a system right click menu option.

If you hover over a particular calendar event and right click, you can see what I am referring to. The web app right click menu is not the system right click menu.

Return to “Calendar”