Cannot download Gospel Library in Windows 8 or 8.1

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

cherepaha

Cannot download Gospel Library in Windows 8 or 8.1

Post by cherepaha »

I have been trying for a while now to download Gospel Library on my work desktop, but it won't let me. It requires a Microsoft account to be linked to it, which I am adamantly opposed to doing on my work computer. Microsoft says that it must have the account linked in order to download the app. I have 2 other computers, both running Windows 8. One of them has the original app (not the new beta) downloaded and it works fine. The other will not download any version of the app unless I upgrade to 8.1, which I am hesitant to do because I do not like a lot of things in 8.1 that I see on my work computer. Is there any way around these MS obstacles?
ToManyLetters

Re: Cannot download Gospel Library in Windows 8 or 8.1

Post by ToManyLetters »

The application requires a Microsoft Account to function correctly. If you don't have the device linked to a Microsoft account so that it can download the application from the Windows Store, there is nothing we can do for you. The app will not work. Your best bet is to use a mobile device to access the scriptures while at work.

As for Windows 8.1: the application uses tools and functionality that necessitate Windows 8.1 as a minimum requirement. This is, increasingly, going to be the reality for applications on Windows--especially any application with any sort of support. If you're not running 8.1, there is nothing we can do to help you get the app running except tell you that you must first upgrade to 8.1.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”