Server Error while creating event for location

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
shem.simmons

Server Error while creating event for location

Post by shem.simmons »

I'm the booking agent for the Copperwood building in the Lethbridge Alberta Stake, and I think there might something wrong with how our location is set up on the server.

Copperwood is a relatively new building, I wouldn't be surprised if this is the first year we've ever tried to create events on the calendar for this location, in fact I'm pretty confident that it is. Whenever anyone tries to create an event for the building these errors are logged in the console:

Code: Select all

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error): https://www.lds.org/church-calendar/services/lucrs/evt/createEvent 

Error updating event: mainCalendar-ctrl.js?ver=2682f47:177
The curious thing is that we can create restrictions for the location, just not events. Events can be created without any issues on other calendars, just not on the location.

Who do we need to contact to get this fixed? No one in our stake knows the answer to this.
jeffevannelson
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Server Error while creating event for location

Post by jeffevannelson »

I can create events in buildings umm let me see. when did you try this?
shem.simmons

Post by shem.simmons »

Can you create events for the Copperwood Chapel in the Lethbridge Alberta West Stake?

I've been trying it pretty much daily since the new year, the last time I tried is when I copied and pasted the error into this post. The stake executive secretary that I've been troubleshooting my problems with has the same issue with this one building. They have no problems with creating events for the Stake Centre, but this location is having issues.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I think what Jeff is asking is if the problem still exists in version 2.7.5 which was announced just a half hour after your initial post.

You might want to try one more time to make sure it's still there in the new version.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
shem.simmons

Post by shem.simmons »

I did, again just now too, in 4 browsers, same error: "Error Updating event". I actually just got off the phone with Terry, I sent him my header info and he's going to look into it tomorrow.
shem.simmons

Post by shem.simmons »

FIXED!

The head developer looked into it and discovered that the data for our particular building was actually corrupted. He has fixed the data and now the Calendar is working the way it's supposed to.

Return to “Calendar”