Can't edit any events

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Can't edit any events

Post by aebrown »

I think this might have started as a result of the 2.7.5 release, but I am unable to edit any events on the Calendar, even though I was previously able to do so. It doesn't matter whether the event was created by someone else, or I just created it myself. It doesn't matter what I change, or if I change nothing at all.

When I edit an event and then click "Update Event" I always get the error message "We were unable to process your request due to invalid data. Please check all fields and try again." -- and no changes are saved (I remain in the Edit Event screen).

The underlying webservice is returning a 422 status code "Unprocessable Entity" with no more details in the response.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Can't edit any events

Post by russellhltn »

Is this a repeating event? I notice there's a pop-over that asks what's to be changed. I know that question was asked in the prior version, but this pop-over looks different than I remember.

As a test, I created a single event, booked a location and then edited it - no problem.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

russellhltn wrote:Is this a repeating event? I notice there's a pop-over that asks what's to be changed. I know that question was asked in the prior version, but this pop-over looks different than I remember.
Nope. It's a super simple ward event, with no facility, no repeats. I've also tried to edit events that book a facility. I simply can't edit any event. I can delete, so there's no problem with my permissions.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

How about creating and then editing?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jeffevannelson
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jeffevannelson »

I am wondering if you clear cache does it work?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I got this response: If you edit the date on the end time it makes the start and end times the same and won’t let you save, gives the error.

aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jeffevannelson wrote:I am wondering if you clear cache does it work?
Clearing the browser cache makes no difference.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

russellhltn wrote:I got this response: If you edit the date on the end time it makes the start and end times the same and won’t let you save, gives the error.
Although I can duplicate this behavior if I edit the date for the end time, this issue is not relevant to the topic at hand, since I have not been editing dates, and the start and end times are correct (they are different and the start is before the end) -- yet I still get that error message.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

russellhltn wrote:How about creating and then editing?
As I mentioned in my original post, I get the error both on existing events, and on events I just created.
Joshua001

Post by Joshua001 »

Hi! I have the same problem I can't create events and also edit events for that matter.

Kindly address the matter we need to plot the activities for this year.

Thank you.

Return to “Calendar”