Lost enteries

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
celiadiez

Lost enteries

Post by celiadiez »

I have lost all my entries in the lds journal! I am panicking!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Lost enteries

Post by russellhltn »

Moderator note: This was split off from the LDS.org to get major style update, updated header thread as it contains a different topic (and belongs in a different section.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

celiadiez wrote:I have lost all my entries in the lds journal! I am panicking!
I believe you are not the first to report this, and probably not the last. I'm hoping I'm never one to experience this problem. Are you doing everything on the web site or using a combination of devices with the Gospel Library app and the web site? It you tell us how your usage/device configuration, maybe there are more ideas to help.

I honestly don't know if there is an answer to this problem, but I suggest searching this forum for others who have experienced the problem to see if there is any hope. You might also try submitting your issue to the "Feedback" link at the bottom of most pages on lds.org. Even if they can't help you recover things, it will help raise awareness of the problem to those who can do something about it.

The forum is a peer-to-peer community. The only way you can reach "official" people is via the Feedback link.
PamelaBonta

Post by PamelaBonta »

When you say 'lost', what do you mean? Do you mean you cannot access Notes anymore? Or do you mean that you can access Notes, but your Journal entries are not there? If it is the former, please submit feedback through the bottom of any LDS.org webpage describing the problem and asking that your message be assigned to CSM Pamela Bonta, so I can officially add you to my list of people with similar problems. (Unfortunately, we don't have a solution for this problem yet.) If it is the latter, this often occurs when someone accidentally deletes a Notebook. Please check your Unassigned Items Notebook to see if they are there. Also, in order to actually delete something, you have to delete it from your list, and then delete it a second time from the trash. Please check the trash to see if your items are there.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”