Missing '+' to add to a calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
SquireNA

Missing '+' to add to a calendar

Post by SquireNA »

Love, love, love the changes. Keep it up. CURRENTLY I don't have a + icon to add an event to a calendar. Should it be there? Have I done something at the last stake/ward activity that now inhibits me from saying/adding anything else?? :) Help!

Thanks, all for the great ideas, implementation, etc.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Missing '+' to add to a calendar

Post by russellhltn »

Adding an event is not open to the general membership. You have to be added to at least one calendar as an editor to be able to add an event. Being released from a calling or changing wards is a common way to lose rights.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
SquireNA

Post by SquireNA »

Thanks. Do callings automatically add you as an editor? I was Stk Fin Clrk, now am in ward HP group leadership (assistant); I would still need to be added as an editor of some calendar, right? Thanks again.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

SquireNA wrote:Thanks. Do callings automatically add you as an editor? I was Stk Fin Clrk, now am in ward HP group leadership (assistant); I would still need to be added as an editor of some calendar, right? Thanks again.
That depends on how your ward administrators have set up your calendars. You'll need to find out who in your ward primarily manages the calendar and find out if you should be an editor of any of the ward calendars. Generally editors are added based on their callings but it's possible that editors have been added by name instead. But it's up to the ward to configure that.

Your ward administrator will probably be a clerk, bishopric counselor or the website administrator (if you have one).

Return to “Calendar”