MLS 3.7.4 vs LCR membership records move out dates

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
Booshway

MLS 3.7.4 vs LCR membership records move out dates

Post by Booshway »

So I came across this problem the other day with move out records. It seams that the dates when a member moves out does not match. MLS has one date and Leaders and Clerk Resources (LCR) has another. This is is not a huge deal for most people but I try to be very accurate when it comes to this things and the other day the Bishop and I needed to know when a members record left the ward and I could not give him a specific day. Any ideas what dates are accurate the one from MLS or from LCR?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: MLS 3.7.4 vs LCR membership records move out dates

Post by russellhltn »

It probably depends on the definition of "move out". Is it the day you made the request, the day it's processed, or the date it's transferred to the other unit? I suspect MLS and LCR are looking at different parts of that cycle.

I do know that in the past, the "Move in" date in MLS was really the "move out" date of the prior ward. Normally it's not a significant difference - unless the record had spent some time in the "Address unknown" file.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I have noticed discrepancies with the time and or date records have moved in after requesting records and receiving them through Leader and Clerk Resources. LCR records request and move outs are nearly instant. Immediately after requesting records and receiving them I check the membership record in LCR an note there will always be a time and even a date earlier than when the record was actually transferred. I have seen 6 hours to two days earlier discrepancies. I have not seen a date or time later than the actual move in date or time. I have not checked in MLS to see what it shows as compared to LCR. But since I know when the record was requested and when it was received I know that what is reported in LCR for membership records does not match when the records were actually transferred in.

I have never checked the move out date to see if it is when I sent the record out in either MLS or LCR.

This information may not help with the OP issue but it will give an idea that actions taken in LCR are not reported as occurring when the action happened. I can understand a later than date, but I have difficulty with the earlier than time or date. I do not use MLS for transfers taken at my end. It is more convenient and faster in LCR.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

With LCR, I wonder if it's doing time zone conversion properly? Perhaps it's reporting UTC time?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

I've also seen this behaviour, when moving records in. From memory usually says something like record moved in ten hours ago, even though I did the move moments before.

We are at the moment at UTC+00
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

Biggles wrote:I've also seen this behaviour, when moving records in. From memory usually says something like record moved in ten hours ago, even though I did the move moments before.

I think that all CMIS stores is the date (no timestamp) so that may be why you are seeing something weird. It would be interesting to see if the time reported varied based on the time of day you submitted the change.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jonesrk wrote:
Biggles wrote:From memory usually says something like record moved in ten hours ago, even though I did the move moments before.

I think that all CMIS stores is the date (no timestamp)
So Biggles observation would be correct if he was working on this at 10AM (A date with no time will be interpreted as just past midnight of the day in question.)

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”