MLS 3.7.4_23478 Callings/ organizations issues

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
Booshway

MLS 3.7.4_23478 Callings/ organizations issues

Post by Booshway »

I'm having lots of issues with this new release of MLS. 3 of many issues that I'm having are:
The First issue is that if I go under organization--> other organizations --> other callings; no name or calling appears; therefore, I can't change it.

The Second issue is that I been trying to print reports for the bishopric and if I try to print the report "Callings by organization" the "Other Callings/Other Callings" appears 6 times (this is no exaggeration I just counted it) in different pages. This just looks horrible and very confusing so I haven't been able to do my calling properly as a clerk in providing the bishopric and other organization with appropriate reports that makes sense.

The Third issue that I been having is that I'm no longer able to organize the callings in a way that makes sense visually. I just hope that goes back like it was on the previous version where I could move a calling up or down on the list and organize it so it's easier to read. This was such an important thing for my ward and I bet other young singles adult (YSA) ward. We have lots of custom callings and I feel that the church is not taking into consideration the needs of the YSA units and I felt the same way when I went to the last LDSTech Conference. I hope that new releases takes into consideration the YSA Units and their needs especially when it comes to Custom Callings/organizations and the capability for units to organize it better.

I hope someone can help me with this things and I would appreciate any feedback
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: MLS 3.7.4_23478 Callings/ organizations issues

Post by scgallafent »

Booshway wrote:The First issue is that if I go under organization--> other organizations --> other callings; no name or calling appears; therefore, I can't change it.

The Second issue is that I been trying to print reports for the bishopric and if I try to print the report "Callings by organization" the "Other Callings/Other Callings" appears 6 times (this is no exaggeration I just counted it) in different pages. This just looks horrible and very confusing so I haven't been able to do my calling properly as a clerk in providing the bishopric and other organization with appropriate reports that makes sense.
I grabbed a current backup for your unit to look at these. There is an issue with your unit's data that is causing both of these issues. There are some processes running now that will correct this. Once those processes complete, a CDOL refresh file will be sent to your unit that should correct this.
Booshway wrote:The Third issue that I been having is that I'm no longer able to organize the callings in a way that makes sense visually. I just hope that goes back like it was on the previous version where I could move a calling up or down on the list and organize it so it's easier to read. This was such an important thing for my ward and I bet other young singles adult (YSA) ward. We have lots of custom callings and I feel that the church is not taking into consideration the needs of the YSA units and I felt the same way when I went to the last LDSTech Conference. I hope that new releases takes into consideration the YSA Units and their needs especially when it comes to Custom Callings/organizations and the capability for units to organize it better.
Callings are now alphabetized in the list. The sorting that was available in MLS does not propagate to Leader and Clerk Resources and there are some changes to the way callings and organizations are structured that made sorting very problematic, so it was decided to sort all callings alphabetically in the "other callings" sections for each organization.
kylehart

Post by kylehart »

I have a similar issue in that the view for custom callings is blank (except for one we added recently).

If we view membership records of members with custom callings the calling shows up; just not on the roll up list of custom callings.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

We have seen this occur in several units. All of the affected units have multiple "other callings" organizations in CDOL, but MLS only supports one other callings org.

With the changes made in MLS 3.7.4, MLS requests a CDOL refresh file automatically when it upgrades to 3.7.4. The ends result of that is that the extra orgs are sent to MLS. If the other callings have been going into an other callings org other than the one that is selected when MLS loads, they aren't displayed.

There is a bunch of back-end processing going on now that should clean these up and send a refresh. Affected units should be fixed after their next transmission.
kylehart

Post by kylehart »

I'm not sure if we have multiple other callings orgs or not.

This has been an issue since probably mid to late January and we've done several transmits since then.

Should I expect this to be resolved Sunday?

Thanks
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

If you have been seeing callings from "other callings" on the callings by organization report but they aren't visible when you go to the other callings panel, you are (hopefully that is now "were") affected by the issue. If it is something other than that, I would see what it looks like on Sunday and then contact the service center if the issue persists.
kylehart

Post by kylehart »

Well I just swung by the chapel on the way to some meetings. We have many Relief Society callings now showing on the Other Callings panel but none of our other ones.

Is this still an issue we should expect to see resolved Sunday, should we wait another week, or should I call in now?

Thanks
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

Your unit is now ready, but it wasn't when you posted this.

Part of what we did with this release was to make sure all callings were in the correct organizations. For standard callings that is where they are defined in CDOL. For custom callings that is the organization type that MLS told CDOL they were defined in. If that type isn't valid anymore then it would end up in Other Callings. I'm guessing that is what happened here.
kylehart

Post by kylehart »

ok thanks for looking into this. I'll check again on Sunday
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

It was pointed out to me Sunday that our ward Single Adult organization went away. Not sure if it happened with MLS 3.7.4 but they are totally gone.

Is this something related to the CDOL changes that will work itself out, or do we need to do something else about it?

YSA stayed in place.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”