Melchizedek Priesthood Ordination Record

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
HansG

Melchizedek Priesthood Ordination Record

Post by HansG »

We got into an animated discussion about this form the other day, specifically about who interviews the candidate. By my reading of it, in the instructions at the top it references "interviewing priesthood leaders" (plural), and there are signature lines for both the bishop and the stake (or mission) presidency. So that means the candidate gets interviewed twice. Others say he only gets interviewed once, at the stake level.
Does the handbook elaborate on this anywhere?
Thanks.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Melchizedek Priesthood Ordination Record

Post by aebrown »

hansg wrote:So that means the candidate gets interviewed twice. Others say he only gets interviewed once, at the stake level.
Does the handbook elaborate on this anywhere?
Yes. Handbook 1, 16.7.1 makes it quite clear that the bishop interviews him first, and then the stake president (or one of his counselors). See that section for the details on the procedure.
lucianomadero

Post by lucianomadero »

Where do you find this ordination record form?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

lucianomadero wrote:Where do you find this ordination record form?
You print it using MLS by selecting Membership > Ordinances > Forms > Melchizedek Priesthood Ordination Record from the menu.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

The exception is when the brother is also being called to a position that requires ordination. For example, if an elder is being called into the bishopric, the stake presidency does the interview to ascertain worthiness for both the ordination to high priest and the new calling. It would be confusing if the bishop did the first interview, and could not tell the brother being interviewed why he was being considered for ordination to high priest.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I noticed a recent change in the fine print instructions on this form. I don't recall exactly what that change was, but it I think the instructions changed from the ward clerk recording the ordination to the stake clerk recording the ordination.

Funny thing is, there are instructions on the top of the form, and instructions on the bottom of the form. One set says the ward clerk will keep the form on file, and the other set says the stake clerk will keep the form on file. So I just tell the stake representative to make a copy of the completed form, and give the copy to the ward clerk, and the original to the stake clerk.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “Reports and Forms”