Beta to Normal - Highlights won't sync

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

kunzler.katie

Beta to Normal - Highlights won't sync

Post by kunzler.katie »

I have been using the beta version of Gospel Library for Windows 8 for a few months because I like the way it looks. Recently, however, the normal version has been updated to look the same way. I have both the normal and beta versions downloaded on my laptop, and am signed in to both of them with the same LDS account. Unfortunately, highlights, underlinings, etc., do not (or don't appear to) sync from the Beta to the normal versions. Is there a way around this? I want to start to use the normal version, but want to keep the annotations I've made. I have looked around the forums a little bit, and all I've seen is about an overzealous firewall, and I don't have one ( - To my knowledge xD)
Thanks!
ToManyLetters

Re: Beta to Normal - Highlights won't sync

Post by ToManyLetters »

There's a good chance you've run into an old sign in bug we fixed in the most recent versions of the app. You should just need to go to the Options Pane using the settings button on the navigation bar, sign out, and sign back in. Do this for both apps, and you should be good to go.

Be warned, though, you may lose some of your most recent bookmarks, highlights, and notes. I'd save any unsynced notes in notepad temporarily, just in case.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10
kunzler.katie

Post by kunzler.katie »

ToManyLetters wrote: Be warned, though, you may lose some of your most recent bookmarks, highlights, and notes. I'd save any unsynced notes in notepad temporarily, just in case.
It's true - although I think I may have lost all of my highlights - as far as I can tell, all of them are gone ;-;
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

That's very unfortunate to hear. Are the notes and highlights syncing properly for you now?
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10
kunzler.katie

Post by kunzler.katie »

Yes! Thank you for your help.

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”