LCR Messaging for Ward Council members

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
lehrschallbrian

LCR Messaging for Ward Council members

Post by lehrschallbrian »

Question for everyone. I know Clerks have the ability to send messages in LCR to ward members. Is there access for Ward Council members other than connecting via email?

Thanks
kisaac
Community Moderators

Re: LCR Messaging for Ward Council members

Post by kisaac »

lehrschallbrian wrote:Question for everyone. I know Clerks have the ability to send messages in LCR to ward members. Is there access for Ward Council members other than connecting via email?
It's difficult to answer, because most of us here are members like yourself, also often confused about what we can and can't do. But here is my attempt:

Clerks: We can send emails to groups of leaders, or individual members, either via LCR "send a message," or coping their emails from the directory. The difference is that in LCR, we can compose the message and the church's email servers send it out in our behalf. In the directory, you can copy and paste the emails into your own email program and send the message by your own email service provider. Different callings have the ability to send emails to different groups of members or leaders in LCR. As a stake assistant clerk, for example, I could email groups of leaders ONLY. I could not send mass emails to members. I know my stake president had FAR MORE options for emailing the membership of the stake. I suspect ward clerks and bishops have separate options as well.

Other Leaders: I can only say that I know as a WML, I have "limited" access to LCR, and no access to the "send a message" application in LCR. I can still go to the directory and copy emails and paste them into my own email client (like gmail.) I run the risk of having my provider (and perhaps my ward members) label me as a spammer if I do this.

Who gets these emails? I figure only half of our stake adult members have a registered email in the LDS.org system, and suspect the spam filters chew up many messages. Don't count on emailing me if it's important!
If you are looking for something besides email...like instant messaging or txt, etc, I don't know of anything on the clerk level.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Re: LCR Messaging for Ward Council members

Post by kisaac »

in some was, it would be nice if LCR actually had messaging, like some forums. When I log in, a pop-up would announce:
"you have a new message from the Bishop: Read now?"
"A soft answer turneth away wrath" works great on LDSTech forum boards!

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”