Add Duties and Blessings of the Priesthood Manual?

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
JosephTuck

Add Duties and Blessings of the Priesthood Manual?

Post by JosephTuck »

Is there a way to add the Duties and Blessings of the Priesthood A & B manuals to the "Manual and Lesson Material" field on the "Edit Class" page? I want to set up a Perspective Elders class schedule.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Add Duties and Blessings of the Priesthood Manual?

Post by aebrown »

JosephTuck wrote:Is there a way to add the Duties and Blessings of the Priesthood A & B manuals to the "Manual and Lesson Material" field on the "Edit Class" page? I want to set up a Perspective Elders class schedule.
You can only choose a lesson manual that is in the list to get the full set of functionality of the Lesson Schedules application, and the Priesthood A & B manuals aren't on the list. So you won't be able to have the lesson schedule automatically filled in with consecutive chapters from those manuals.

But you can manually create each lesson, choosing its type as "Topic (custom)" and then specify the Lesson URL to be a particular chapter from Duties and Blessings of the Priesthood: Basic Manual for Priesthood Holders, Part A, for example.
mevans

Post by mevans »

You can also submit a feedback using the Feedback link requesting that they add this manual. That will at least alert decision makers that you have the need for this. Things don't tend to move quickly, but at least they're getting feedback.
JosephTuck

Post by JosephTuck »

aebrown wrote:You can only choose a lesson manual that is in the list to get the full set of functionality of the Lesson Schedules application, and the Priesthood A & B manuals aren't on the list. So you won't be able to have the lesson schedule automatically filled in with consecutive chapters from those manuals.

But you can manually create each lesson, choosing its type as "Topic (custom)" and then specify the Lesson URL to be a particular chapter from Duties and Blessings of the Priesthood: Basic Manual for Priesthood Holders, Part A, for example.
Firstly, thanks for your reply. I was in the midst of manually entering the custom lessons when I originally posted. The unavailability of the automated schedule is quite frustrating.

1 - I have had to reenter the whole lesson schedule multiple times because I found that I had failed to compensate for General Conference, Stake Conference or some other special meeting and had to increase the number of days in the class schedule because it doesn't auto-schedule. When you do that, all your custom entries are gone and you have to start all over.

2 - The URL field isn't large enough to accommodate some of the lesson links. The URLs have too many characters to fit in the field so it doesn't allow for a direct link to the lesson.

Thanks anyway though. All in all, I find the lesson schedule tool is a very useful feature (when your teaching from a manual that is listed) and I'm very glad we have it. :)
JosephTuck

Post by JosephTuck »

mevans wrote:You can also submit a feedback using the Feedback link requesting that they add this manual. That will at least alert decision makers that you have the need for this. Things don't tend to move quickly, but at least they're getting feedback.
In as much at Handbook II suggests using these manuals for teaching Prosective Elders, I would think that they should already be there. Thanks for your post. I believe I will do as you have directed. :D

You guys are great! Keep up the good work.
mevans

Post by mevans »

JosephTuck wrote:The URL field isn't large enough to accommodate some of the lesson links. The URLs have too many characters to fit in the field so it doesn't allow for a direct link to the lesson.
Try using a URL shortener, such as multiurl.com or bit.ly.

Return to “Lesson Schedules”