Not synched with LDS.org?

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
Leynadh

Not synched with LDS.org?

Post by Leynadh »

Hello, my first entry here, i have tried to use search function but i couldn't really find the answer.

ISn't the gospel library app synched with lds.org? When i read the scriptures on my PC i can't find the bookmarks anywhere? And yes i am logged in with my LDS account. on both phone (samsung galaxy s4) and PC. :confused:

Daniel, Sweden
lmcguire

Re: Not synched with LDS.org?

Post by lmcguire »

Daniel,

At least on the English version of the site, if I click on my name at the top, and choose Notes (under My Account), then look in the left navigation bar, I see "Notebooks" (and then a list of my notebooks), then "Types" - and under Types, one of the options is Bookmarks. If I click Bookmarks, the bookmarks from my Android show on the right and I can click a link to get to the resource.

Does that help?

Liz
Leynadh

Post by Leynadh »

Hi again. i have checked many times now, and here is the thing. it seems to be language related.
if i change languages to enlish in the app and then go to "notes" and then to "notebooks" and write something, and synch - then i can also read it on lds.org on my computer. The same if i save bookmarks from the scriptures in my app (set to english) then i can read them on the computer.

BUT if i do the same in Swedish in the app, then it won't show up in notebook on the computer.
And it is the same with bookmarks. The notebook-function doesn't even exist on lds.org (on a computer) if you set it to Swedish!!
lmcguire

Post by lmcguire »

Daniel,

I was afraid of that when I saw you were posting from Sweden. I suspect the notes app on the website hasn't been translated yet (at least not into Swedish). :-(

I tried switching to Swedish, and can confirm that there's no notes option. I can also confirm that I can't find my way back to the US (everywhere else in North America, but not the US...!). (Off to try more drastic measures to get home <g>)

Liz
Leynadh

Post by Leynadh »

i saw another thread aboyt this in the section for lds.org and scriptures and notes. People were asking about this already back in 2012 !! Shouldn't this be fixed soon? After so many years? i know Swedish isn't a big international language but it would be really nice to be able to synch between phone and computer
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

lmcguire wrote:I can also confirm that I can't find my way back to the US (everywhere else in North America, but not the US...!).
Just change the "lang" parameter in the web page's URL to "lang=eng" and it'll kick you back to the main English page. :)
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
lmcguire

Post by lmcguire »

I agree. You'd think they could at least add the option and leave the applet in English until it gets translated (that might even inspire more volunteers from Sweden to offer to help on the project).

Also, the dev teams don't necessarily read these forums, so I would recommend you make your translation / functionality request via the "feedback" link, just in case. Maybe get all your friends to make the same request - maybe in Swedish, to help make the point. :-)

If it makes you feel any better (I know it won't, I just find this amusing), they appear to be discriminating against Americans too, just in a different way <g> - After switching to the website for Sweden, when I chose the "Select Country" option (in Swedish, but I recognized the icon), I could choose pretty much every country except America - guess they never expected one of us to switch countries and then want to come back... I had to delete all my cookies to get back to the regular site (for me). I sent them feedback pointing this out.

FWIW,

Liz
lmcguire

Post by lmcguire »

sbradshaw wrote:Just change the "lang" parameter in the web page's URL to "lang=eng" and it'll kick you back to the main English page. :)
It switched to English when I did that, but it still said I was in Sweden (in the upper right, by my name). I liked my visit to Stockholm and all, but I really wanted it to recognize I was back in the US. :-)

Liz
nfarrier

Post by nfarrier »

I'm having a similar difficulty, but have never had my app or website in anything but English. I can highlight something on my phone or tablet and they sync, but not w/ LDS.org. If I highlight on LDS.org it does sync w/ the other devices. Seems odd that it's only syncing 1 way.

(I'm using a Samsung phone & tablet and have tried both Firefox & Chrome on my Windows 7 computer.)

Any suggestions?

Return to “Android Gospel Library”