Child without record option

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
dstevens60

Child without record option

Post by dstevens60 »

I have an inactive family who has moved in. I was able to create records for the children under 8. There is an 8 year old who is not ready to be baptized. When I try to create a record, it says I must use the child without record option. I can see how to create a record if the child was getting baptized. Unfortunately that is not happening here. Both parents consent to the creation of the record. Is it possible to create a record for the child in this instance?
eblood66

Re: Child without record option

Post by eblood66 »

dstevens60 wrote:I have an inactive family who has moved in. I was able to create records for the children under 8. There is an 8 year old who is not ready to be baptized. When I try to create a record, it says I must use the child without record option. I can see how to create a record if the child was getting baptized. Unfortunately that is not happening here. Both parents consent to the creation of the record. Is it possible to create a record for the child in this instance?
No, once they turn 8 the only way to create a full record is for them to be baptized. You can create a non-member record in order to get them to show up in some places in MLS but they won't show up in the online directory or in LCR. I don't think there is any way of getting them to show up in those places except via baptism.

However, you can and should add them as children on their parents' records if they aren't already there.
dstevens60

Re: Child without record option

Post by dstevens60 »

thanks for the response. I was afraid that would be the answer.

Return to “Membership Help”