Things I can't do on LDS.org

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
ernestopele

Things I can't do on LDS.org

Post by ernestopele »

First things, first. Thanks to all the folk who help and work on MLS.

I'm currently the membership clerk of my branch. I have a blood clot in one of my legs, and this forces me to do much of my church work at home. For some reason, when I am on-line:
https://www.lds.org/mls/mbr/records/mem ... t?lang=spa

I can't:
-- print a complete directory. Only first and last names.
-- sort the list by "Head of family".
-- transfer any records out.
-- fill out certificates and print them out remotely.

Do these functions only work from the computer in the secretary's office? If so, I'd like to submit them as possible additions to MLS on-line.

Ernesto
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Things I can't do on LDS.org

Post by jdlessley »

ernestopele wrote:For some reason, when I am on-line:
https://www.lds.org/mls/mbr/records/mem ... t?lang=spa

I can't:
-- print a complete directory. Only first and last names.
-- sort the list by "Head of family".
-- transfer any records out.
-- fill out certificates and print them out remotely.

Do these functions only work from the computer in the secretary's office?
The link you provided is to your unit's membership list found in Leader and Clerk Resources (LCR). To get a complete directory go to the online Directory. Go to LDS.org and sign in. Then click Directory in the tools menu ([your username/Tools]. With Households selected in the left column click the Print button. The first pop-up dialogue box allows some directory customization. The household list is sorted by the surname, or last name, of the head of household.

To transfer records out, sign onto LDS.org and select Leader and Clerk Resources from the tools menu. Then on the LCR page select Membership > Move Records Out.

Printing certificates can only be done from withing MLS at this time. This feature will eventually be available online. When that will happen is unknown.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
ernestopele

Post by ernestopele »

JD, you're hired. Thank you.

"To get a complete directory go to the online Directory. Go to LDS.org and sign in. Then click Directory in the tools menu ([your username/Tools]. With Households selected in the left column click the Print button. The first pop-up dialogue box allows some directory customization. The household list is sorted by the surname, or last name, of the head of household."

Worked perfectly the first time. Also answered another question. I've been wondering for months why I couldn't access the stake web stake. Now I know.

"Printing certificates can only be done from withing MLS at this time. This feature will eventually be available online. When that will happen is unknown."

10/4.

"To transfer records out, sign onto LDS.org and select Leader and Clerk Resources from the tools menu. Then on the LCR page select Membership > Move Records Out.

Here's wht happens when I try what you specified:
-- I select "Move Records Out"
-- The "Move Records Out" page appears.
-- To the left I see a field with "Look for member", On the right I see four steps I need to complete.
-- I enter the member's name or NCM.
-- I press "Enter" or I click on the little figure to the right of the field.
-- Nothing happens. It won't proceed to the next step.

What am I missing?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

ernestopele wrote: Here's wht happens when I try what you specified:
-- I select "Move Records Out"
-- The "Move Records Out" page appears.
-- To the left I see a field with "Look for member", On the right I see four steps I need to complete.
-- I enter the member's name or NCM.
-- I press "Enter" or I click on the little figure to the right of the field.
-- Nothing happens. It won't proceed to the next step.

What am I missing?
When you type enough of the member name you should get a list of names that contain a match to the string of characters that you have entered. This is without pressing enter or any symbology on the page. For example, if I were to start to move my record out I would begin typing my last name, "les...". I could also start typing a first name, but I get better results if I start with the last name. As soon as the system has enough for a match it displays those member names that contain "les". This includes any part of a first, middle, or last name that matches the character string you have entered. My name was the first on the list and my wife's name was second on the list and then another member with a first name that started with "Les". At this point I can click on my name from the list of names.

When the name in the drop-down list of names is clicked that membership record is selected and the preferred name on the record is displayed. If the membership record is part of a household then the entire household list of names with be provided. You can then move an individual member of the household or select the head of household to move the entire household.

Any other behavior indicates you either entered an unmatching character string or there was a temorary problem with the server. I recommend typing in at least three characters and waiting for a match list of names to appear. If the list is quite long then add more characters to narrow the list. If the character string is typed too fast there is a chance to make an error and enter a character string that does not match.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
ernestopele

Post by ernestopele »

"When you type enough of the member name you should get a list of names that contain a match to the string of characters that you have entered. This is without pressing enter or any symbology on the page."

Worked. Thank you.

For some reason, the HTML behind the field in question doesn't like "Copy/Paste". That's what I was doing before.

Thanks again.
janae.pedersen

Post by janae.pedersen »

I am a newly called Stake Relief Society President. The Stake Clerk has updated my calling in MLS. My Ward Clerk removed me from my previous calling (Ward Relief Society President). I no longer have access to LCR. When I click on Leader and Clerk Resources from lds.org I get an "Access Denied" response. As Stake Relief Society President do I have no access to LCR? If I should have access, how to I fix this? I used LCR oftern as a Ward Relief Society President.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

janae.pedersen wrote:I am a newly called Stake Relief Society President. The Stake Clerk has updated my calling in MLS. My Ward Clerk removed me from my previous calling (Ward Relief Society President). I no longer have access to LCR. When I click on Leader and Clerk Resources from lds.org I get an "Access Denied" response. As Stake Relief Society President do I have no access to LCR? If I should have access, how to I fix this? I used LCR oftern as a Ward Relief Society President.
No, Stake auxiliary presidencies do not have access to LCR. See the first item on the LCR FAQ for the official statement on this.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”